1 - Arriving In Style (7/12/18 update)

Video: Sweet Dreams by Marilyn Manson

Hey guys! I'm pleased to announce that edits for Breaking Eden are going well. Readers wanted longer chapters so this chapter went from a little over 1,700-ish words to a little over 3,200 and is packed full of new content. So give it a read and let me know down below in the comments what you honestly think. Good or bad, I'll take it if it'll help improve my story.

As always, please point out any mistakes you may find while reading. Fresh eyes see everything I miss. And don't forget to vote, comment, and share to help get Breaking Eden to #1! :0)

Chapter two update coming soon...

________________________________________________________________________________

Arriving in Style

                On the night of September 7, 2007, the one that would later be dubbed as the worse night of Eden's life, started out like any ordinary night. She stood in front of her cramped closet, fresh from a shower, and tried to figure out what to wear.

                She scanned the clothes mercilessly. One after the other, she pushed the hangers aside until her eyes settled on a black sweater that was sure to hug her every curve and leave her looking desirable. Without a second thought, Eden slipped it over her head, then yanked a pair of clean leggings from her hamper. 

                A large, black cat jumped onto her bed, purring in the silence room. It stared up at her with large wheat colored eyes before letting loose a mournful meow, as though the cat knew what was going to become of its master.

                Eden reached for her cat, Mr. Darcy, and cuddled him to her chest.

                "Are you hungry?" She cooed against the top of his head before kissing it. A deep purr rumbled from his throat. He nuzzled her cheek and let loose another mournful cry, "Let's go get you something to eat."

                Mr. Darcy mewed his response and bit at some of her loose curls, "Hey now, none of that." She brushed her hair behind her shoulder, and he nipped at her palm, "What has gotten into you?"

                He gazed up at Eden, crying out, before promptly head-butted her in the face. "Thanks for that." 

                They made their way down the short hallway to the tiny kitchen. The room consisted of nothing more than an old fridge, a sink, and an oven. Taking up the majority of the countertop space was a small microwave.

                Oh, the joys of living in downtown Portland. Eden mused.  

                When Mr. Darcy noticed his food dish still had some remaining chunks of food he struggled to get out of Eden's grasp. He launched himself onto the countertop then down to the floor to devour the rest of it.

                "Well fuck you too," Eden dragged a bag of dry food down from the on top of the fridge. She added two scoops to his bowl and stared down at the very fussy Mr. Darcy and added another large scoop. Eden didn't want him to go hungry while she was away overnight or she'd come home to an even grumpier cat.

                His cries were loud, demanding for more food. He paced in front of Eden's feet, stopping now and then to rub his bulky side against her legs.

                Eden rolled her eyes and added another two scoops, so there was more than enough to satisfy him until her late return the following afternoon and set the bowl down on his tray.