6 - A Close Call (not edited)

6 – A Close Call

Eden headed toward right of the hallway, looking for any signs of the others. She prayed she would find Ben. The silence was deafening. She rounded a corner and entered the hallway filled with painting. Her new bedroom door stood ajar at the end of the passage. Matilda was heard in with it, singing to herself, while striping the bed linens to replace them with fresh ones. She was non the wiser of Eden's return. Could she go inside and just stay there. Make them think she's somewhere else?

She took a step closer, planning on doing just that when Declan rounded the other corner. She froze.

His head bent forward. He was busy reading something in his hands, was too caught up in noticing her standing like a statue at the other end. He finally looked. Their gazes met and that shark like grin spread across his lips.

"Back so soon? Don't tell me you've given up already." At his first step forward, Eden moved, stumbled back against a small table. All Declan did was laugh. "Or have you come to offer yourself to me?"

She ran down the other end of the hallway, back the way she came, and rounded the corner. Declan moved steadily behind her but took his time toying with here. Eden rounded another corner. An arm grabbed her around her waist, pulled her into a dark room with a firm hand clamped over her mouth.

The door is shut and all with dark and quiet, save for the heat breath against her ear.