10 - Red Right Hand (3/16/2019 Edited)

As always, please point out any mistakes you may find while reading. Fresh eyes see everything I miss. And don't forget to vote, comment, and share to help get Breaking Eden to #1! :0)

Chapter 11 update coming soon...

________________________________________________________________________________

10

Red Right Hand

Eden's POV

The inside of room six was nothing like Eden imagined. She stepped into the space and saw for the first time what the private rooms were like. They were gorgeous with its upscale decor.

Eden originally envisioned the rooms being seedy looking, with cum stained couches, dirty stripper poles, and had a fishbowl full of condoms that were swiped from the local health clinic. Maybe there would even be a cheesy little sign saying, 'No glove no love' to remind clients to wrap it up before the fuck.

It was the exact opposite of all that.

A plush black, L shaped couch lined the back wall. It curved all the way up the right side of the room. The walls were painted a deep scarlet with stenciled lace trim along the top. Stationed in the middle of the room was a large wooden circle stage. A stripper pole stuck up out of its center. It was securely attached to the ceiling and gleamed under the lights.

"Holy shit."

Declan sidestepped around her and took off his suit jacket. "I second that."

He folded it neatly in half, then in half again, and took care laying it over the back of the couch. He unbuttoned each of his sleeves before rolling them up to his elbows in even rolls.

She caught a glimpse of an intricate tattoo on the inside of his forearm but couldn't make it out before he glanced up and caught her staring. She quickly glanced away, acting as though he hadn't seen her.

"How the tables have turned, Ms. Burrows." Declan chuckled. "Tell me, do you fancy what you see?"

"Maybe." She flashed him an innocent smile and added, "Maybe not."

"Has anyone ever told you what a peculiar woman you are?"

"Would you like to chat or would you like your dance?"

"I suppose we're cutting the bullshit and getting right down to it then." He took a seat on the long end of the couch. "By all means, entertain me." The shark-like grin returned.

"Do you have a song in mind?" She went to the built-in screen near the door. The device was foreign to her and she struggled with figuring out how it worked.

"I'll allow you to choose."

She pressed button after button, trying to figure out how to get the music playlist to load, but nothing worked.

"I'm sorry this is taking so long." She glanced back over her shoulder to find that Declan had loosened his tie. "These things should really come with instructions." Her cheeks burned with embarrassment.

Come on, work! The speakers in the ceiling crackled to life. Yes!

A sharp static tune filled the room.

"Shit!" She frantically pressed random buttons, trying like mad to make the shrill noise stop. "I don't know what I hit."

Declan appeared at her side.

"Allow me." He nudged Eden out of the way and began clicking through a series of screens with such ease that it left her feeling worse.

Declan scrolled through the never-ending song list, his mouth moving silently as he read off each title and paused. A smile settled over his lips. "How about this one?" He pressed the tip of a finger to the screen.

An automated voice filled the room.

"Playing, Red Right Hand by Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds."

When Eden's blush deepened, he said, "I have this same model at home." and returned to his seat.

Of course you do. She grumbled at his back.

As the music began to play, Eden stepped gracefully up onto the stage. She circled the pole once, then twice, trying to get a feel for the rhythm of the song. On the third round, she hooked her leg around the pole and started to dance.

Eden performed the few tricks Diamond had taught her. There were no fancy tricks or moves. Her hips swayed in time with the beat, but he didn't seem to notice.

His gaze remained fixed on her face. His hands never moving from his thighs.

How strange. Eden thought, completing another turn high in the air before sliding slowly back down.

Judging by the expression on his face and the hard clench of his jaw, she swore he almost seemed angry. She sunk to the ground, parting her legs at the last moment to give him a peek before jutting her hip behind her and rose back up.

Still nothing impressed him. His features were set into a look of complete and utter boredom.

Eden stepped up her dance by kicking her legs high into the air, hooking her knee around the top portion of the pole in the last second. The motion of her movements sent her spinning upside down before slipping slowly to the ground and onto her back.

She spread her legs into a wide teasing split then slid her hands down the front of her body. Jutting her hips high into the air, she covered her sex with her fingertips and leaned her head back off the stage, sure he'd be interested now. Only now, he managed to look even more bored.

It's time to get up close and personal. Eden rolled to her side, lowering her feet to the wooden floor and stood.

She made sure her walk was drawn out, taking her time as she ran her hands up her body. They glided over the smooth fabric of her corset, up her chest and to the back of her neck.

The music controlled her movements now as she got lost in it.

When she lifted her hair up and to the side, exposing her slender neck as her fingers laced behind it, Declan's expression changed. It was one of interest.

A lap dance it is then.

Words: 1,110

Don't forget to check out my other stories!

The Hilstead Experiment: 1986 - Three prisoners escape an experiment involving human subjects.

The Hilstead Experiment: Adrift - Ten strangers board a plane that crashes into the ocean, turning their promised paradise vacation into a deadly experiment of survival.

The Carriers - Tainted meat turns a small farming town into a parasitic zombie war zone only a vegetarian can handle.

In The Pines- Annabel Lee enters into the highest rated gameshow of the afterlife to win a second chance at life.

And if you're looking for writing advice check out my story Year of the Author.