5 - A contract and a submittal (unedited)

Please note that this hasn't been edited yet. It's a raw draft. Feel free to rip it apart. Tell me what you like or hate. I want to make BE the best book it can possibly be so honest feedback is always welcome. Consider sharing this book on social media and with others who may enjoy it and help get Breaking Eden noticed by Wattpad. Thanks for reading! :0)

________________________________________________________________________________

5 – A contract and a submittal

As their voices died down, Eden began to feel less like an outsider and more like a person. The anger within her simmered down and all that was left was pure acceptance. Hearing Declan say those words were a gift, one that she'd remember in those dark moments of punishment and humiliation.

How she wished to cup his face between her hand to kiss him. She wanted to forget all this and go back to that moment where they were at their closest. But all she could do was stare at him

"Are you ready to discuss the process?" His hands found their way to her knees, his touch was warm against her shilled skin.

She offered him a slight nod and asked, "Why can't I just sign it now and get it over with?"

"In short, you're leading with your genitals and not your heart, rendering it an invalid signature." He paused, "Our small moment, though enjoyable, can lead to a lapse in judgment come tomorrow morning when our deed is done. It's imperative that you understand that once you sign and submit, there is no going back. You are mine as I am yours."

"Sounds more like a marriage."

"Not nearly as complicated."

"How about the first contract I signed?"

"The one you threw in the fireplace?" Declan rose an eyebrow. "You considered it a joke. It would have never held up in a traditional submittal."

Eden's cheeks heated. She had sign out of fear. Not only did she add her two favorite words for him under her signature, she'd chickened out and tossed it into the flames even before he could see it.

"Eden," When he spoke her name, she looked back towards him, "It's important you sign the contract and submit your will in the appropriate manner, as tradition states, and without persuasion or influence."

"I need to sign under my own free will." She mumbled, frowning. "That sounds very-"

"Intimate?" He finished her thought.

"Yeah."

"It's a very intimate affair." His thumbs rubbed light circles on her knees. "When you sign your name, you're accepting our rules, our laws, and our way of life. In essence, you're telling me you want to stay of your own free will. That you want to join our family. That you want to stay with me."

Eden's hands slide over his. Could she ever get to a point where she wanted to remain her and not go back to her normal life where she was free to come and go whenever she pleased.

"Say something." He urged.

She met his gaze. "So, by signing the contract I'm signing my life away."

"When you get to the point of wanting to sign, you'll never feel see it like that." He paused. "It's why I don't wish to rush things. I want you to want to stay. Some houses force signatures and submittals, but not here. You'll have as long as it takes to get you to want to stay. I won't ever force your hand."

"You'll just make life a living hell for me until I do." She challenged him.

"Not at all." He offered her a weak smile. "I'm teaching you our ways. You disobey, you get a punishment. You obey me without question or hesitation, you're rewarded. You may not believe me, but I don't enjoy hurting you. I must break your wild sprite and tame you. Only then will you be ready to see clearly."