11 - Last Night Visitors (New Chapter)

Video: One Way or Another by Until The Ribbon Breaks

Hey guys! I'm pleased to announce that this is a brand new chapter for Breaking Eden. Give it a read and let me know down below in the comments what you honestly think. Good or bad, I'll take it if it'll help improve my story.

As always, please point out any mistakes you may find while reading. Fresh eyes see everything I miss. And don't forget to vote, comment, and share to help get Breaking Eden to #1! :0)

Chapter twelve update coming soon...

________________________________________________________________________________

11 - Late Night Visitors

Eden was getting ready for bed, slipping into her sleep pants and her shirt when her stomach growled even louder than before. It seemed like it's been ages since she had last eaten and now her body demanded nourishment.

She was starving and was ultimately regretting all of her snarky comments toward Declan and the others downstairs. The wine warmed her cheeks, and the two glasses of water she drank from the bathroom sink didn't settle her stomach, not in the least bit. After the third glass, she'd given up altogether.

Declan was forcing her to go to bed hungry like a disobedient child. It was all so absurd to her, his treatment.

She threw herself back onto the bed, drumming her fingers against her empty belly and sighed.

I'm so bored. If I were home right now, I'd have my shows to watch, or I'd start on another design. Instead, I'm here, doing absolutely nothing, wasting time listening to the world continue outside the windows.

A surge of envy and anger flashed through her core. Why did I have to make such a scene down there?

A light fluttering of taps sounded at the door before bursting open. Matilda rushed in and hastily shut it behind her.

Eden lifted her head the slightest bit only to plop back down when she spotted the disappointed frown on the older woman's face. "What brings you all the way up here?"

"You need to mind your tongue around Master. You mustn't anger him like that. You'll only make things harder on yourself." Matilda perched on the side of the bed, merely shaking her head in disappointment. She pulled a smashed dinner roll from the pocket of her clean apron and passed it to Eden. "This is all I could manage. Eat quickly now. We don't have much time."

"I don't plan on staying here much longer. But thank for this." Eden took a bite, nearly devouring half of the roll and moaned with delight. The bread was still slightly warm and sandwiched in between was a pad of buttery goodness.

"Now, you didn't get that from me. Understood?" Matilda's features softened as she offered Eden a kind smile.

"Didn't get what?" Eden answered, shoving the rest of the roll into her mouth. Her cheeks were stuffed tight, making her look like a squirrel packing its mouth with seeds.

"You are quite the peculiar girl, Dearie. But to be honest, this house needs a little strangeness now and then to liven it up a bit."

They both flinched when the door burst open.

Eden sprang from the end of the bed before Declan could see her duck into the bathroom. Closing the door behind her, Eden locked it and remained still. She pressed her ear against the wood and tried her hardest to hear what was happening on the other side.

Suddenly her throat tightened, refusing to allow her to swallow the food in her mouth. She rushed towards the toilet to spit the last bits of chewed up roll into the bowl and flushed away the evidence.

Sighing, she filled a cup from the sink with water and drank it down, clearing her mouth of anything that could give her away.

Matilda spoke unnaturally, as though she was trying to ease the situation. "Master Payne, I was merely informing Eden you wished to speak with her. I was about to deliver her to you. Why not go relax in your chamber and allow me to get her ready."

"After her little spectacle tonight I've chosen to come to her instead."

Eden pressed her body against the door, listening to them talk. Declan was mad. No, he was livid, judging by the tone of his voice.

"Master-"

"Where is she, Matilda?"

He hadn't seen me. Eden realized as she cupped her hand against the wood to hear them.

The silence on the other side of the door was thick and heavy, but there was movement. Footsteps were pacing the room.

A light knock sounded against the wood opposite Eden's head, and she staggered back against the sink, fearing it was Declan. But it wasn't him. It was her angel of mercy.

When Matilda spoke, she coaxed Eden to open the door and to come out. "Eden, dear, you have some visitors who wish to speak with you."

Eden gripped the edge of the sink. "Tell them I'm not in the mood to speak."

Declan laughed at the side. A second later there came to a forceful blow against the door. "I think you're mistaken. This isn't a request." The knob rattled as he tried to open it himself. "Shall I go get the key?" he asked, daring her to disobey.

Eden switched the bathroom light off and cracked open the door, eyeing Declan and Matilda on the other side. "You rang?" she teased but didn't budge from the mouth of the doorway. If she entered the bedroom, where Declan had easy access to her, she didn't know what he would do to her.

Declan spoke to Matilda, his voice low. "You're excused for the rest of the evening." He tenderly kissed her forehead.

"You be gentle toward her. Show her mercy." Matilda took one last pitiful look at Eden, huddled in the small opening of the shadowy bathroom and attempted a reassuring smile. "You're in good hands, Dearie." But the look held something else entirely.

There was pity lingering behind her eyes, and it told Eden everything she needed to know. Something terrible was about to occur once the older woman left the room. She sighed heavily, looking defeated as ever and laid her hand in the middle of Declan's chest, "I'll be in my room if you need me."

"You're too good to me, Tilly, you know that?" He followed Matilda out of the room and shut the door behind her, locking it so she couldn't get back in.

"Come out." Declan motioned Eden forward.

She shook her head, no. "We have nothing to discuss."

"Do I need to come in there and collect you?" He took a threatening step forward, showing her he would bring her out himself if she didn't willingly go to him.

Eden existed the bathroom. Her sights landed on Ben, who was kneeling at Declan's side just out of sight from the bathroom door. "Holy penis will you put that thing away?" she held up a hand to block Ben's turtle necking cock and scrotum that was on full display between his parted thighs.

Words: 1,172

Don't forget to check out my other stories!

The Hilstead Experiment: 1986 - Three prisoners escape an experiment involving human subjects.

The Hilstead Experiment: Adrift - Ten strangers board a plane that crashes into the ocean, turning their promised paradise vacation into a deadly experiment of survival.

The Carriers - Tainted meat turns a small farming town into a parasitic zombie war zone only a vegetarian can handle.

In The Pines- Annabel Lee enters into the highest rated gameshow of the afterlife to win a second chance at life.

And if you're looking for writing advice check out my story Year of the Author.