5 - A Lesson With Darius (not edited)

Video: My Favorite Game by The Cardigans

This is for nano so it hasn't been edited in any way. There most likely are a bunch of errors. I plan of going back over it to edit it but since this is Nano I have to write fast to get to 50K and edit later. I hope you like this chapter.

________________________________________________________________________________

5 – A Lesson With Darius

Eden stood waiting silently in the empty room. Declan was nowhere to be seen but she knew she wasn't lucky enough to have him had forgotten their little spat. The comforting warmth of the fireplace soothed her otherwise anxiety-riddled nerves. Perhaps she could tell him she was sorry for her childish antics and she'd sleep with him without a fight. Maybe that would help calm their tumultuous waters.

But her hope her dashed when his bedroom door was thrown open. She took a hesitant step back, bringing her closer to the end of his bed, as Declan entered the room.  

                  "Hand me the towel, Eden." He held out his hand, expecting her to offer it up without a second thought.

Eden clutched it to her chest as though savoring the last bit of comfort and showing a sad attempt at resistance. When Declan raised an eyebrow in her direction she submitted to his requested and slipped the towel off her body and handed it over.

Declan laid the damp cloth over the side of the bed so that half of it hung over the side and the other was splayed neatly over the covers.

He doesn't want to get his bedding messy. Eden stood frozen next to the blazing fireplace. It's flicker flames were no longer a source of warmth. Instead it cast daunting shadows around the room, morphing the once gorgeous gothic design into something sinister and demonic. 

                  "Come here." Declan held his hand out toward her, beckoning her forward. The shadows danced around his features, making it hard for Eden to determine his reasoning.

                  Is that a welcoming smile or a devilish grin? She couldn't tell, not in the least bit. For the flickering flames changed like a mask. 

                  He snapped his fingers. The sudden noise pulled her from her thoughts. "Come now. I will not ask you again." 

Eden went to him, fearing that any hesitation would make her situation worse.

Declan motioned to the towel. "You will lay over the side of the bed and only on the towel. Do you understand me?"

"Are you-" The slap that was delivered caused Eden to step back in more shock than pain. She only wanted to know if he planned on taking her body.

"Lay on the towel. You will not speak unless you are saying yes or no. Understood?"

All she could muster up was a slight nod as she listened without hesitation. She pressed her chest against the damp towel and shivered in the warmth of the dim room. It was awkward to hold herself in this position. She balled her hands into tight fists beneath her and waited for him to begin his assault. 

Instead, he moved across the room to an antique looking armoire. He drew a key from his pocket and unlocked it. "Don't move an inch." He glanced back at Eden who was staring, open mouthed at his torture closet. 

An array of riding crops, whips, chains, and rope hung on golden hooks. In the dim light she watched him passing each one, pausing now and then as if considering the torment it could unleash on her.