4 - The Black Rose Flogger (Part 2) (Not Edited)

As promised, here is part 2. I hope to get another chapter done for you all next week. Please note that this hasn't been edited yet. Feel free to rip it apart. Tell me what you like or hate. I want to make BE the best book it can possibly be so honest feedback is always welcome. Thanks for reading! :0)

________________________________________________________________________________

The Black Rose Flogger (part 2)

Eden's vision clouded behind a well of tears as she nodded her head. Ben's promise of going easy on her wouldn't be a reality. Her first response was to run. To get out of the room and away from them. Find somewhere to hide, search the mansion grounds one last time, and hope she had missed an opportunity. She was sure now that she missed something, had to have overlooked the way out in her fear of getting away from the others. There was a way out, there had to be.

Panic set in and with it came the violent urge to disobey, to fight against Declan's orders. But where would she go? More importantly, what would Declan do to her if or when she was caught? Would she get one hundred strikes, another night with Darrius? Perhaps Declan would follow through with his threat of allowing all the men in the house to rape her in his bed.

Her eyes bounced between the bedroom door and the bed a foot or so away.

Don't run. Endure this pain. Stand strong knowing you're able to take this moment of torment. Obey him this one time. Tears fell from her eyes as she squeezed them shut.

Eden searched the darkness behind her closed lids, frantic to find a slim hint of the void's presence. But there was nothing waiting for her. There were only the sounds of her labored breathing, her pounding heart, and the crackling of the fire.

Then there was Declan. His face appearing out of nowhere within the swirling darkness. He voice interrupted her thoughts. "I want five lashes on Eden's back. Then five dealt to her front."

Why must you do this? Eden stood within the darkness of her mind, staring up at the wavering image of Declan.

The outer edges of Declan's face flickered between light and dark like smoky tendrils. When he spoke, his voice was that of someone from her past. It was her brother, Keelan.

Don't tell mom or dad. If you do, I'll kill them. Then I'll have you all to myself and you won't like that.

A little girl, just a tiny thing, barely over nine years old, appeared in a golden spotlight. Her mousy brown hair was a mess, her nose bloody, her lip spilt and crusted over. All this girl knew was fear and pain, a never-ending cycle of something she couldn't stop.

I'll never tell. I swear.

The image of Declan faded, flickering to the face of her childhood tormentor.

Liar! The word bellowed out of Keelan's broken mouth.

The child version of Eden turned then, speaking to her older self as though she were the adult. Give me your pain, your heartache, your fear. I will bare it all. Take everything you can't endure. He can't hurt us here.

Eden shook her head, mumbling, "You're not real." Her head spun with dizziness.

"What was that?" Declan spoke this right behind her.

Eden glanced one last time at the bedroom door, willing herself to not cave into her fear of this unknow.

"I understand what you want me to do."

"Good girl." Declan spoke, "Now spread your legs and brace yourself."

Eden widen her stance so that her feet were shoulder length apart and readied herself for the first blow as Declan stepped back.