12 - A Lesson In Punishment (New Chapter)

Video: I Shall Rise by Karen O

Hey guys! I'm pleased to announce that this is a brand new chapter for Breaking Eden. Give it a read and let me know down below in the comments what you honestly think. Good or bad, I'll take it if it'll help improve my story.

As always, please point out any mistakes you may find while reading. Fresh eyes see everything I miss. And don't forget to vote, comment, and share to help get Breaking Eden to #1! :0)

Chapter thirteen update coming soon...

________________________________________________________________________________

12 - a Lesson In Punishment

Declan pinched the bridge of his nose and motioned for Ben to stand up.

Ben did so without the slightest bit of hesitation. His gaze never dared to leave the floor as he stood silently next to Declan as though waiting for his next command.

Declan strolled toward Eden. A small grin tugging at the corners of his mouth. "Your display of constant immaturity ceases to amaze me, Eden."

"I'm not the one walking around with my cock-" 

Declan's movements were quick, surprising, and caught her completely off guard.

He slapped her across the face, sending her head toward the side. "I will not tolerate any more disrespect from you. Not here in my home."

Eden stared up at Declan in stunned silence, fighting the urge to scream at him, to slap him back, to tell him he couldn't hit her like that, to say something, anything but stand there in dumbfounded silence like an idiot.

"You're learning." His grin widened into a full leer. "You don't seem to have a snappy comeback. Or am I wrong?"

Eden's eyes narrowed. "Suck my-"

Declan's slapped her again, this time harder than the last. The sting of the blow brought tears to her eyes this time. "Anything else you wish to add to that lovely sentiment?"

Eden remained silent, hand against her burning cheek. But she held her tongue even though it was itching to rip into Declan. "Ben, go to near the bed." Declan's gaze remained on Eden, knowing full Ben would listen. 

And he did. Ben moved toward the end of the bed, standing silently next to it, and waited for further instruction.

Fear set in. It settled deep in the pit of her stomach. 

What does he have planned for me? She took a hesitant step back towards the bathroom.

Declan followed her, speaking softly, explaining their situation. "Life is full of decisions. If you choose to run, you'll be punished. You don't want me to have to punish you, do you?"

Eden paused mid-step and remained silent.

"I allow you to speak and still you chose to disrespect me?" He rubbed at the inside of his palm, and took another threatening step forward, finally closing the distance between them.

She held her ground and squared her shoulders, hoping she came off fearless instead of fearful. "I will be going home tonight. That is the only choice I'm making tonight."

"Is that so?"

"Yes."

"You won't be leaving." He reached out. His sudden movement made her flinch back. "Now, I would like for you to undress."