10 - A Simple Plan (Unedited)

Start from the beginning

He preceded to fuck Eden with the dolls legs while pinning her on her stomach. When she cried out for him to stop, he pressed her face harder into a pillow to silence her until he felt it was time to stop.

To Eden, that assault on her young, innocent body felt like an eternity, but in reality, it was over in a minute. Keelan's reasoning? He wanted to see just how far up those cheap knockoff Barbie legs would go inside of her. He wanted her to feel his pain the only way he knew how, through an act of violation.

This violence was a telling hint of what was to come. Toys became fingers. Fingers became his penis.

Eden stood in the middle of her street, watching, waiting for it to come alive before her very eyes one last time.

But nothing happened. No lights blinking on, illuminating windows. No cars being warmed up. The street was dead to the world, like Eden's suffering. Never noticed or seen in broad daylight.

Who would have thought this very street would soon be hive of activity. Police milling about, collecting bags and bags of evidence Eden never even thought existed. Body bags would be filled and loaded into a van with morgue written in bold black letters on its side.

Their street would run red with the blood of sinners.

Neighbors would huddle behind yellow police tape, shaking their heads while gossiping about the family at the end of the street.

The signs of something not quite right were there yet no one paid attention. No one wanted to get involved. All of these factors lead to this single moment, the moment where Eden fought back. She had had enough, and everyone was going to suffer like she had suffered.

The silver light of the full moon cast everything in shadow. She stared one last time at the houses lining her street, wondering what secrets lurked within their walls. Their blackened windows gaped back, revealing nothing but cold emptiness.

Eden reached the small driveway, spotted the four steps leading to the trailer. She frowned. Keelan wasn't on the steps. The windows were dark, save for the flickering light of a TV left on.

Somethings wrong. Every nerve in her body fired off, almost bring her to her knees.

Eden crept towards Keelan's car. She cupped her hands over her eyes and squinted into the back seat. Two lack mounds rested in the backseat.

Why so little? She wondered as she stepped around to the other side for a better look. Nothing else was there. She crept up the stairs, trying her best to be as silent as possible.

The front door opened without a sound. She stepped into the living room, listening for any signs of life within. It was dark, save for the flickering light of the TV screen in front her the lazy boy.

Eden slowly circled the recliner. A can of beer laid on its side near a pair of feet and went unnoticed. She kicked it accidentally, sending a surge of liquid to come rushing out, forming a much larger dark puddle in the tan carpet.

The scent of blood and beer permeated the space, consumed Eden within its thick cloud.

Her hands flew to her mouth to stifle a rising scream. Oh God.

Nausea hit Eden hard, too fast to stop her mouth from filling with sour vomit. It spewed from her mouth like a fountain, landing in what was left of her father's lap. She couldn't stop herself. Her stomach clenched, as another heave consumed her. The rest of its contents rushed up through her throat, burning it, and poured out her mouth like an unrelenting stream of fire. It splattered against the body's front, mixing with blood.

She stumbled back, almost fell to her knees as her stomach heaved a third time. But there was nothing left inside of her.

She forced herself to look at the mangled mess in front of her. To see what was left of her father.

He sat slumped to the side in his favorite recliner, neck bent back to expose a jagged trench in its side. A hint of white poked through its center. Deep enough to expose bone. The cut itself being so profound the head seemed almost partially decapitated.

Everything was saturated in red. Dark pools of it lay stagnate, congealing and decaying. The smell turning into something sickly sweet mixed with copper. Eden would never forget that smell.

But it was her father's eyes, or lack thereof, that terrified Eden. They were gone, plucked free from their sockets never to see again. Their lids torn back to reveal pits of dark black.

His jaw hung unnaturally low, almost resting loosely on his chest. The sides of his mouth were cut clean through, exposing the whites of fractured teeth. It left behind a crude smile.

Dozens of other stab wounds littered his face and chest. His belly gutted open like an animal at slaughter. Chunks of flesh were missing from his arms. The twin bolts of lightning that once laid on each of his forearms were gone.

Eden stood in complete shock, too terrified to think clearly. It wasn't supposed to be this bad. Right? She couldn't remember if she told Keelan how to kill them or if he just took it upon himself to get creative.

This is sick. She backed away until the backs of her legs hit the couch and she fell back.

A thump came from the back of the trailer.

Eden squinted in the darkness, willing herself to see everything, yet all there was, was shadows. The flickering of the TV cast a bit of light at the start of the hallway but beyond the mouth of it was nothing but black.

She forced herself to stand. Her legs shaking so badly she thought she'd fall. But she kept moving, crept down the darkened hallway, listening carefully to everything around her.

Another thud, a sickening wet slapping that was almost rhythmic. Then a low feral grunt echoed out of the back room.

Their parent's door stood ajar and beyond it more darkness. As she approached the door, every became louder, more intense, more real to Eden. She didn't want to believe it, but deep down she knew what was occurring in there.

Eden pushed the door open, made the mistake of flipping the light switch up, and this time she couldn't stifle the scream.

Keelan was between their mother's, hip jutting into her, that slapping sound became all to familiar. Blood streaked his entire body. He stabbed her while simultaneously fucked her. His movements rough and jarring. The thuds were his stabs, the grunts came as he thrusted.

As Eden screamed everything changed. Keelan's head shot up, his hand came down, stabbing their mother in the eye with a blade. His front was painted red, his lips parting into a sinister grin.

Eden backed up, made a ran for her room but there was no lock on her door, no way to keep Keelan out. She panicked and raced for her bedroom window. But as she threw it open, cried for help a hand seized her by the hair. It pulled her back, slammed the window shut and presided to bash her face into the wall whose surface was covered in faded stars.                

Words: 2,021

Don't forget to check out my other stories!

The Hilstead Experiment: 1986 - Three prisoners escape an experiment involving human subjects.

The Hilstead Experiment: Adrift - Ten strangers board a plane that crashes into the ocean, turning their promised paradise vacation into a deadly experiment of survival.

The Carriers - Tainted meat turns a small farming town into a parasitic zombie war zone only a vegetarian can handle.

In The Pines- Annabel Lee enters into the highest rated gameshow of the afterlife to win a second chance at life.

And if you're looking for writing advice check out my story Year of the Author.