Ninety One: A sudden guest

hehe, I am still questioning why half of the ggukies don't know who Hyujin is, even if he is part of the critical issue of the book ><

lengthy chapter ahead!

••••

A few weeks had passed. It wasn't a soft week for the two mates, however. The news of Soyeon's sudden death did not take long to reach their concerns and this had alerted the two half brothers.

"Jungkookie.." Taehyung calls in a gentle manner, holding a tray with tea and beer. He knew that losing a parent hurts, no matter how they treated their children. Well, Soyeon did deserve to suffer and pay for what she have done to them but death wasn't the answer to it.

That's what Taehyung thinks, at least.

The alpha raised his head to look at Taehyung who gave him a small smile, carefully walking up to him and putting the tray down to the small table of their large bedroom. Since Minjun was still asleep, the two mates decided to take their time on tackling each problems that had been thrown to them.

"Thanks baby, you didn't have to." Jungkook says, kissing his mate's lips as an act of gratitude. He opens the can of beer, with it making a clicking noise while Taehyung sat down beside him.

"I was just worried about you and Jiminnie. I know it's hard to process what had suddenly happened and I just can't be ignorant of that." Taehyung spoke, taking a sip on the tea he prepared for himself while Jungkook does the same to his beer.

The alpha fell quiet, sighing. "Soyeon.. What do you think happened to her, Tae?" He asks after a while of debating in his thoughts.

Ever since Soyeon became a confirmed suspect for the threats that happened to Taehyung, Jungkook no longer called her mom. He barely talked about her anymore, not that they would bring such traumatizing topics then again.

But today was just.. Different. Soyeon was no longer alive, and the thought of who could have possibly done such thing was embedded to their heads.

"I thought that everything is already fine with them being in such care," Taehyung sighs. "I don't know what to say, I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault Tae." Jungkook was quick to reply, as he felt bad that Taehyung had to think about her again. Sure they could have just went on with their lives but they couldn't help but think about it deeply. "We just need to find answers for this. The suspect."

"I'm just completely worried for us. For Minjun." Taehyung turns to look at their baby's crib. "What if the suspect was after us all along? I'm just-- scared. I'm scared that I might not be able to do something when that time comes." He blurts out in full honesty, eyes furrowed as he avoided eye contact with his mate.

The alpha puts down the beer can, his hand reaching over to hold the omega's soft and delicate ones. "You know I wouldn't let that happen right? I will never let them hurt you and my baby. Not under my watch." He assures, trying not to get angry with the sudden thoughts of Taehyung and Minjun being hurt in his head.

If they came for the worst, Jungkook should be the main threat and not them.

Taehyung looks down at the alphas hands on his, it was ice cold as he was holding the beer can earlier but he couldn't care less. Jungkook's assurance was what he had needed at that very moment and thankfully he got it.