Thirty Eight: Bond

Taehyung froze. His heart skips a bit as his eyes widens at Jungkook's mother, Soyeon's statement.

He didn't know what to say. His mind going blank as he completely forgot to even respond. Soyeon could already grab the winning part, her cruel smirk was evident on her face.

That was then his eyes everted to Jungkook, who had no mark from him- as to what he can see on his unbitten neck. Taehyung wanted to give up, he couldn't mark Jungkook easily.

He had to let the alpha knot him again- or to even just make love, so he can make sure the mark would be his and that would surely shut Soyeon up.

But he was pregnant.

He looks down, wanting to caress his bump but everyone would know that. He couldn't risk it yet, he was scared of Soyeon's plans.

It was also the time he realized something. The pup he was carrying! It was Jungkook's knot and it is one of the symbol of their mate bond- something that would tie them together as a family. He bites back a smile, he had to hide this- as he wasn't sure of everything around him yet.

"Very well," The mother of Ji Eun says with a smile. "That would be another way of pursuing this contract." Soyeon's successful smile appears this time, looking at Taehyung with a bitter gaze of rejection before regaining her calm self.

Yoongi looks up, shocked and unable to react quickly over the sudden situation they were in. Taehyung knew Yoongi cared for him aswell, but everything seems to be planned- and butting in wouldn't be an easy job.

"What?! Fuck no!" Jungkook cussed aloud, hand slamming onto the table to which made Taehyung flinch and hold his breath. His dominance was flowing and his scent became strong- it had honestly intimidated him but Ji Eun remained calm.

"If you think controlling your own son would be the best for the future, think again!" Jungkook yells this time, and the respect for his own parent seems to fade. "You're sick, mom! You're killing your own son by mating him with someone who isn't his true mate!"

Silence filled the whole room. The whole dinner was wrapped up and summarized as a pure disaster. Taehyung felt that a part of it was his fault, if he had not come with Jungkook at the first place this whole fight wouldn't even break lose.

But no. He trusts Jungkook, and he knew the alpha wouldn't leave him alone and abandoned with their pup.

"Sometimes," Jungkook huffs, trying to ease down his anger as he glared daggers at Soyeon, who looked shocked at his unexpected outburst. "I just wished you weren't my mother. What am I saying? Maybe you're not." He laughs sarcastically, before staring back at the Lee family aswell.

"Because a parent never treats their children as if they are nothing but robots that would follow everything." Gently, he grabbed Taehyung's wrist, pulling him up as they walked out of the dining room.

"Kook ah," Taehyung finally speaks up, finally holding his tummy as his other hand was held by Jungkook. "I'm sorry about mom. She's really a terrible person.." He sighs.

Taehyung didn't say anything, thus he only let Jungkook take him to the car again as they stayed silent for a while.

"Your mom.. She was planning for a mating ceremony.." Taehyung opens a dreaful topic, but he needed answers. Was Jungkook gonna stay with him?

"No," He simply says. "I won't be doing the ceremony. Even if they force me to I will not." Jungkook turns on the engine, sighing.

"I'm sorry Jungkook ah.." Taehyung mumbles, hugging himself. "Why are you sorry Tae?" He asks, curious and worried for the omega.

"Because I didn't mark you.." Tears began to well up his eyes, lips quivering. "I-If only I have, it wouldn't be valid.. Please don't leave me.." He mumbles, with his tears finally falling down from his eyes.

"Taetae, you know I hate it when you cry, please don't cry.." Jungkook says, unable to comfort him yet as he was driving. "Mom won't decide on who I chose to mate and live with." He assures, glancing at Taehyung who wipes his tears away, sniffling.

"Come on, I'll make it all up to you okay?" With that being said, Jungkook pulls up in a restaurant that he knew Taehyung liked to eat in.

"Okay.." Taehyung smiles this time, finally escaping his worries fo the sake of their pup and for his health stability.

•••

"Kookie, I'm just gonna use the restroom." Taehyung excused, with Jungkook granting his permission as he silently made his way to the bathroom of the restaurant.

When he was done doing his business, he sighs as he stares at himself in the mirror. He washes his hands throughly, rewinding the arguement that had broken off the family dinner that was supposed to be a contract finalization between the Jeon and Lee family.

Why does Soyeon really hate me? Taehyung asks to himself, he knew their parents have conflicts but that doesn't mean they'll have to hate the child aswell. It gives a huge amount of rejection, and he hopes that their future child wouldn't experience the same thing he had gone through.

"Mommy will protect you from that cruel girl, okay pup?" Taehyung whispers to his baby hump, caressing it with a huge geniune smile plastered across his face as he fixes his hair and self, making sure he didn't look haggard or bad.

Since the hallways and the bathroom was empty, he decided to walk out, holding his baby bump. It wasn't obviously big for everyone to see, it's still a small bump but could be noticed when you take a closer look.

But just when he steps out of the male's bathroom, he sees an awfully familiar person step out of the opposite gender bathroom aswell.

"M-mom..?" He asks aloud, shocked as he froze on his spot. It wasn't just because his mom was suddenly eating outside and in a restaurant,

But she had seen the baby bump aswell.