Thirty Six: Family Dinner

Taehyung hesitates.

He didn't want to go looking like a haggard pregnant wolf, he wanted a good impression- to be a professional. Right now he was in the middle of a clothing chaos- he couldn't choose what to wear.

"Come on, Tae. Everything would look good on you." Jungkook's voice was heard on the phone, the two had been on a call together- as Jungkook took his leave to prepare himself as well.

"B-but I don't think dressing in my shirts would be nice." Taehyung grabs a fresh white sweater, it was perfect since they were experiencing cold weathers, and that can surely hide his baby bump.

"You're so cute in that sweater Tae." Jungkook says with a smile, watching him closely.

The omega blushed, not knowing what to say. "Thanks.." He mumbles, now fixing his hair as his other hand rubs on his tummy. "S-should I wear the scent block perfume..?" Though he knew his scent wouldn't be attractive to other alphas, he wanted to make sure. No one knew that he was an omega, and it should always remain a secret.

Omegas are low-ranked, and an embarrassment. That's what would his mom tell him always- almost everytime they meet or to the time they seperate, and it really did hurt Taehyung.

Jungkook lets out a sigh. "Is it really needed?" His voice was laced with worry. "I can't smell the scent I like if you do." He says, with a small pout that made Taehyung smile.

"It's only this once. The scent block isn't for daily use especially that I'm pregnant." He explains, with Jungkook finlly grants him permission to use it but only just for their dinner.

"I'm picking you up in 10 minutes. Be ready okay? See ya." Jungkook says, before hanging up as Taehyung bid his goodbye aswell.

•••

"A-are you sure about this kook ah..?" Taehyung trails, then again fiddling with his fingers showing that he was uneasy about the sudden decision.

"I am sure. They have to know I have you and that I don't need anyone, anymore." Jungkook assures, with Taehyung cracking up a smile. "O-okay, I trust you." He looks up at Jungkook, hand on his baby bump as they were already on their way to Jungkook's house.

It was big like theirs, but knowing who lived inside-- made Taehyung's heart skip a beat. He knew that their parents were rivals down to the core, their egos were too high to be even seen.

He tries to calm himself. His eyes scans the outside nervously, not sure if he really was ready to face Jungkook's strict mom. The fact of him being his mate was already a shocking announcement.

But to also know he was carrying Jungkook's pup for a month already, how would they react?

Everything just straight up scared the omega. He felt a huge lump on his throat, trying not to cry yet as his feelings were bubbling up inside him like crazy. He took deep steady breaths, his pregnancy was really a sensitive one. Even if they don't announce it today, his eating habits would show- and he prays that no one would notice his weird craving.

A light squeeze on his hand was suddenly felt, dragging Taehyung out of his hazy thoughts. He shakes his head a little, giving up as he felt the engine already stop. "Ju-Jungkook ah, w-will your mom handle this well..?" He asks, trying to prepare himself for all the ourbursts his mom would say, the yells that he would all take as he gets embarrassed in front of everyone else.

He closed his eyes, leaning back to his seat as he tries to seek comfort. "I'm.. Scared kookie. I don't wanna be so stressed." Taehyung knew it was dangerous to even feel too much emotions- everything woul affect their pup.

"Don't worry, okay? I will never let you down." Jungkook assures, other handcaressing the top of Taehyung's hand he was holding. "No matter what, I will take responsibility, in both you and my pup."

Taehyung holds his tears back, a wide smile now plastered across his once troubled face as he grips onto Jungkook's hand. "Thank you Jungkook, for giving yourself a chance to change again."

"It's nothing." He says with his natural bunny smile. "Are you ready?" The alpha asks, now unbuckling their seat belt as Taehyung nods, though a bit hesitant to be so.

They both walk hand in hand, to the main door of the front porch as Jungkook pecks his mate's lip, before ringing the doorbell.

When they were opened by one of the maids, it was nowhere of trying to turn back anymore.

They were then leaded to the grand dining room, where Jungkook's mother, Jimin together with Yoongi had sat along together with vacant chairs- and on the other end of the long table were the supposed to be Lee family.

Taehyung bit his lip as he sees a girl who looked around his age sit along to people which looked like his parents. He felt ashamed on coming at the first place, but he knew he couldn't sneak away when a pair of eyes landed on him.

"Jungkook," His mom says sternly. "What have I told you about bringing uninvited guests?" Her eyebrow raised, looking at Taehyung as if she was piercing to his soul as the poor wolf tried not to react much.

"Mom," Jimin tries to stop her this time, but was only given a glare by her mom. "Where are your manners, Jeon? Now what would the Lee family think about you huh?" She shamelessly scolds her son infront of the 'invited guests', with Taehyung averting his gaze away in embarrassment.

"Kook, I-I think this isn't the right time.." He whispers, "No." Jungkook says, aloud and more to his mother than to Taehyung.

"This is also my house. I invite who I want and this is simply not for fun." Jungkook says. "We have an announcement to make."

"Mrs Jeon," The girl says, "It's totally okay." She says with her kind smile, but honestly Taehyung felt sick when she had pulled off a good impression. It made him feel like he was some sort of opposite to her.

"Mom," Jungkook clears his throat, then holding Taehyung's hand.

"This is Taehyung, my mate."