Seventeen: Distance

It's been weeks.

Weeks since Taehyung had Jungkook over his apartment.

And weeks after their little encounter-- which didn't end up so well.

Taehyung felt lonely.

"Hey, Taehyung. Are you okay? You've been spacing out lately." His manager says, snapping him back to reality as he looks up at Yoongi.

"Oh-- oh! It's really nothing. I just had thought about a couple of things I am going through. My bad." Taehyung excused with a sad and tired sigh, letting the makeup artist retouch his light makeup before recieving a pat in the shoulder

"You know you can't stress so much, right?" Yoongi reminds with his humble smile, looking at Taehyung who smiled before nodding his head

"Y-yes, I shouldn't be. I'm so sorry hyungnim.." Taehyung mumbles while fiddling his fingers

"Ya know, it's normal for you to think about those things. Don't worry. But I don't want that thoughts to affect your baby hmm?" Yoongi demands in a gentle way that made Taehyung's heart melt

"I get it hyung~ I won't be." Taehyung replaced his poker face with his famous box-smile that made Yoongi feel contentment on his advice.

"Alright, here's your script guide for the events on the music bank later. Since you couldn't perform, it's best you host instead." Handing him the thick papers attached with a stapler, he smiles wide before bowing at Yoongi

"Hyung! Thank you so much! This'll do!" Taehyung thanks him out loud, with a wide smile as the door  behind them opened with a small audible creak.

"Yooonnggi~" A voice calls out, Taehyung's ears perks up upon hearing the familiar voice. "Jimin hyung?" He asks for confirmation before turning around, and he was right. There stood Jimin who was holding a box of cake with a small yet happy smile

"Oh! Hyung!" Taehyung happily states, clapping his hands as he watched Jimin go to the person infront of him, which was his manager- Yoongi.

"Jimin ah, what brings you here?" The alpha hugs the smaller male close, gently pecking his lips in delight as the betta purred. "Well, It's not bad to miss my alpha right?" He giggles careful not to crush the cake as he placed it on Taehyung's makeup table

"I bought cake, Jungkook and I made it." Jimin says, with a smile of sympathy to Taehyung since he knew about their small misunderstanding a few weeks ago. It surely made him worry about the pregnant male, but he can't do much about it.

Especially if his stepbrother was such a brat.

"Really?" Taehyung smiles, opening the box's lid as he looks at the strawberry cake inside. "Thank you hyung." He says as he looks up at Jimin with sad eyes

"How.. How is he?" The omega can't help but ask, his hands automatically holding his tummy gently- thinking about the time Jungkook held him ever so gently- with just a small knowledge about parenting.

"Well, he's actually fine- he's filming live performances for shows later on TV.. He doesn't talk about what happened between you though!" Jimin telltales as he hugs Yoongi, rubbing himself closer to Yoongi- probably to get his scent on him or the other way around.

Taehyung smiles at the sweetness they had shared, the two seems to share a bond that was more than just clingy friendship. "You both are mates?" He asks happily as Jimin nods his head happily.

"Yes, we are." Yoongi answer with a humble smile. "I finally found him, my cute beta." A blush erupts onto Jimin's cheeks, hiding himself onto Yoongi even more

"Congratulations guys!" Taehyung claps his hands in delight, "I'm so happy for you two!" He says with a grin, teasing Jimin who had been a blushing mess.

"Well! Your hosting starts in about, three minutes Tae. You should prepare." Yoongi says as Taehyung nods, reviewing his script and the guide for performances- that was until he noticed that Jungkook will be performing at the music bank he was hosting.

A sigh made it's way out of his mouth, shooking his head before putting down his small script. "I'm getting nervous about it hyung. What if I get nausea in the middle of my hosting? W-will they notice?" Alot of negative thoughts flooded Taehyung's head, making his heart beat faster- knowing he'll meet Jungkook later aswell.

"Tae! Just trust yourself! I'll be there to support you~" Jimin wiggles his eyebrows, encouraging Taehyung not to be nervous which kinda worked.

"Alright, hyung. Thankyou." He says before standing up, the staffs fixing his clothes one last time before bowing respectfully at the two mates, and leaving the room completely.

He just hopes him and Jungkook wouldn't be as akward as he though it will be.

•••

"Hello, and welcome to-- music~ bank~!"

Claps and cheers were heard from the audience as Taehyung smiles fondly at the camera infront of him and his partner.

"It's seems to be pretty enthusiastic here, Taehyung!" His partner starts up her script as Taehyung nods his head

"You're right, Jisoo! This has been the most awaited award show to be exact!" Taehyung responds with Jisoo saying her own script as they carry on reading the guide

"For the special performers, there would be one most awaited hot idol here!" Loud cheers and fanchants was then heard, with Taehyung being overwhelmed as he was the one to read who it was.

"Indeed, and it's none other than Jeon Jungkook!" Taehyung cheers, his omega being happy hearing the name but he knew he has to keep it just to himself, or else they would notice another issue again.

Just when Taehyung thought it was just a mere introduction, the screen behind him shows some photoshoot eras of Jungkook- with the male walking towards them.

"Hello," Jungkook greets them, a happy smile on his face as he bows- waving at his fans as he stood between Jisoo and Taehyung.

"What can you say about your upcoming live performance?" Taehyung asks, trying not to stutter as he shakily aims his mic infront of Jungkook

The male looks at him, with an undescribable look as he held onto Taehyung's hand that was clutching on the microphone- putting it in steady place as he began to talk.

"Well, I am excited to perform, especially for my number one fans! I love you guys!" He glances to the fans who cheered loud, but was also glancing at Taehyung by the time he said "I love you."

Taehyung blushed about the little no-so-obvious act. He tries hard not to be an idiot about it as he remained calm.

"That's right! We are excited to see you perform, Jungkook oppa!" Jisoo says in a happy way as Jungkook pulls away from Taehyung, the warmth of his hand was soon gone as he was now waving at his fans.

"Thank you also for having me here!" Jungkook bids before bowing again, giving Taehyung a pat on the shoulder as he left the stage.

Leaving a dazed and amused Taehyung behind.

•••

Hey guys! Did ya all miss me ><
Thankyou so much for giving love to this book😍

[road to 4k]💜

Luvluv-A/n