Sixty Four: Car accident

Everything happened fast.

It was unfair, as they never had prepared for it.

Yoongi could only register himself pressing the horn of his car, beeping as he tries to step onto his brake-- his head hitting the wheel when his car crashes.

"Argh.. F-fuck.." His head spins- throbbing hard as he could feel blood trickling down from his head. "Godamnit.." He cursed, feeling for the car's handle to get himself out.

He still had to find Taehyung, now he was stuck in a car accident.

He never cared, even if he limped his way to the other car- checking for the damage he created. Certainly he could deal with this- at least that's what he had kept on his head.

"Fuck it looks pretty bad.." When he was finally near the car, he approaches the back seat. "Sir?" He knocks onto the car window- only seeing a familiar hair color pressed against the almost shattered glass.

"I have to call for help." He dials on his phone- calling for ambulance as he carefully opened the car door.

"Sir---" His eyes widens when the body fell limp to his arms. "T--taehyung..?" He stutters, eyes shaking as he fears of what he have just done.

"Oh my god, Taehyung! Wake up!" Yoongi says, carefully getting him out of the car and to the side of the road, hugging the body close as he checks for his pulse.

"Tae.. Tae, fuck- please hold on, I'm so sorry, I'm sorry," He began to cry. Yoongi was about to turn insane- all he wanted was for the male to be safe- now he was in his arms, unconcious from the accident.

Yoongi hugs the body close, a hand to his baby bump as he starts to pray that they would be fine. He wouldn't forgive himself if something happens to the two of them- he might have only dreamt about this, oh how much he hoped it was only a bad nightmare.

Soon enough, people started to pile up the accident area, with the policemen arriving along with the ambulance. His ears began to ring, unable to hear a word from the nurses that had pulled out stretchers for Taehyung- nor even the police questioning him for the sudden accident. His head began to throb again- too tired from all the cries and desperate yells he had made earlier.

He felt Taehyung's body slip out of his embrace, before he passes out for the second time.

••••

Yoongi wakes up, but this time he was greeted with a plain white ceiling- his back laying against a soft bed as the smell of rubbing alcohop invaded his nostrils.

He could say he was in the hospital of how it had looked pretty much familiar to him. His throat was too dry for him to speak, and his eyes had been blurring every five seconds.

"Yoongi..?" A voice calls. At the first call, it was distant. But on the second, it was beside him as he felt a hand squeeze his own. "Oh my god, Yoongi! Thank god you're okay! You made me worry!"

Then there he recognizes the alluring and calm voice. "Jimin?" He forces himself to speak, coughing afterwards.

"I'm here, it's okay." Jimin whispers, letting him sit up as he was trying to do so with himself. "What happened? I got a call from Seokjin hyung but he never spoke about anything regarding to this."

Yoongi knew it wasn't a bad dream. It was too real to be even called one. His heart began to pound fast as the image of Taehyung flashes in his mind. "Taehyung. Where is he?" He spoke with a hoarse, yet stern voice. He turns his head to the side- but he was in a private ward.

"Taehyung...?" Jimin paused, worried. "Why.. Why are you.." He couldn't even bare to finish the sentence. He was clueless, he felt stupid to be even called one. Soon he picked up on it, eyes widening.

"Yoongi.. Please tell me he wasn't.." Yoongi shakes his head, looking down. "Taehyung." He cuts his mate from finishing his sentence, pulling himself away from his hold as he stood up from the bed- stumbling a little as he wasn't string enough to maintain his balance.

"Wait, Yoongi! You can't get up yet, you have to recover--"

"I will not fucking stay where I am unless I see Taehyung, if he is okay!" Yoongi coughs again, grunting from the pain on his head. "I.. I will never forgive myself if he isn't." He leaves his ward, holding to the walls for self support.

Upon spotting Taehyung's doctor, Seokjin by the emergency hall- he runs, not caring if he was already abusing his remaining energy. He has to know if Taehyung was okay.

"Seokjin." He spoke upon nearing the doctor, who paused on writing something and facing him. "Yoongi. Why are you here? You have to stay in your ward and recover-"

"I am fucking recovered!" He yells, "Now tell me, where is he?! Where is Taehyung?!" Yoongi didn't want to be mad, but he couldn't help it.

Seokjin purses his lips before sighing. "He's still inside the emergency room. His breathing is stable but he's unconcious, we couldn't get him out yet as the baby's heartbeat isn't as stable as he is." He explains.

Yoongi looks at him, before looking away and punching the wall nearest to him. "Fuck! No, this couldn't happen! Do everything you can doc, please!" He begs, unable to even blame it on Seokjin.

If only he wasn't rushing- he would've stepped on the brake just in time. If only he wasn't too occupied on finding Taehyung he would've dodged the accident.

He would've saved Taehyung in a good shape.

"I am trying my best, Yoongi." Seokjin spoke. "I will not let Taehyung lose something important to his life. I can't let that happen." He assures, before getting a headcall from the nurses.

"I have to go now, you should head back to your ward and rest." He points to his room, before excusing himself to assist the nurses.

But no, Yoongi couldn't just rest and think that everything would be fine. He can't forgive himself fast, he had to hear Taehyung's condition on being well. He sits down on the holding area's chairs, feeling the bandage on his head as he let out a sigh of regret.

Jungkook will never forgive him.