Fourty Six: A bad congratulation

Sorry for a lil bit of delay :<
I hope you enjoy this chapter, though!

••••

Mrs. Jeon:
Kim Taehyung, I want you to meet me tomorrow at the coffee shop a few blocks away from your apartment complex. This is important.

Upon recieving the text message, Taehyung knew something wad up. Did he do something to bother his mom again? It wouldn't be a big deal to show up with Jungkook- but he was pregnant. If his mom couldn't handle him alone, how much more seeing him pregnant?

No, Taehyung still wasn't stupid. He knew going alone was a bad idea, he would be vulnerable to whatever Soyeon had planned- and for his baby's sake, he did not want that.

So when Jungkook finally returned to their car wih takeouts in hand, he sighs. "Jungkook ah," He calls, with the alpha shutting the car door and pecking his lips.

"Yeah? Are you hungry? You can eat up." He urged, starting the engine to drive back home. The omega bites his lower lip, looking out of the tinted windows as he tries to sum up the right words.

"Your mom, she messaged me." Taehyung starts off, which had already grasped Jungkook's attention and lighting up his curiousity. "Telling me to meet up at a coffee shop near my apartment."

"Don't tell me you're going." Jungkook says, a little unsettled about having his mom as the topic of their conversation. Though Taehyung already understood why.

"Yeah, she said it's urgent but I am not stupid. I ateast want you to come with me." Taehyung says, giving Jungkook an assuring press on his hand that was on the gear lever.

"Look, if she does something bad I won't even hesitate to do something anymore." Jungkook warns, eyes on the road as he was now driving.

"I'm sure she wouldn't, I know Soyeon isn't that cruel." Taehyung then rubs his baby bump. "Most especially if she knew that you will have a heir for your wealth."

"Like she would treat our son as her grandchild." Jungkook rolls his eyes, frustrated. He would always mention the huge dislike he had towards gis mother, despite of it making him a bad child figure, he couldn't help it.

Most especially when Taehyung was involved during the arguement.

"She should, because no matter what- Taekook would be his grandchild." Taehyung huffs, before pouting and crossing his arms grumpily.

"Taekook?" Upon hearing the name, Jungkook spares his mate a confused glance. "Did you call our son Taekook?" He says, though he was in the verge of smiling silly.

"Yeah," The omega beside him blushed. "I figured that Taekook is kinda cute for our baby, even just for a nickname." He looks down at his baby bump, grabbing his envelope which had the pictures and prescribed medications of Seokjin for him.

Scanning the pictures of his scheduled ultrasounds, a dumb smile was then plastered on his face as he sighs in delight. "Time had flied so fast, pretty soon Taekook-ah would be seeing the world."

"I know," Jungkook's frown was no longer seen, as it was then changed into a smiley face. "Then Taekook-ah would be seeing his beautiful mother." He spares a glance to Taehyung again, who blushed at his statement.

"-and his handsome father of course." Jungkook does not forget to butt in, with the omega just laughing it off as an agreement.

"I mean, partly true- but was a jerk before." Taehyung teased, sticking his tongue out playfully with the alpha huffing. "Past is past." Jungkook defends himself.

"Whatever you say~" He teases more of him, continuing until they were finally back home.

••••

The next day, Taehyung then again borrowed one of Jungkook's oversized hoodies, making sure that his baby bump wasn't at least obvious to the publicity.

"You ready to go hmm?" Jungkook asks, backhugging Taehyung who was staring at himself in the mirror. "I grew chubby." He puffs his cheeks cutely, hands ontop of his bump that made Jungkook coo.

"But then it makes you cuter. Remember what Seokjin hyung said? You're healthy." Both of the wolves smiled at the thought

"Taekook is healthy." Jungkook adds, then again doing his favorite thing before scurrying off to leave- which was pecking his mate's plump lips.

They hopped in the car, driving to the local coffee shop nearby Taehyung's apartment which he had never used anymore- well, eversince the day Soyeon became a threat for the omega wolf.

"Tell me if she does anything cruel." Jungkook says, parking the car somewhere he would see the two talking. Soyeon didn't know his son would be coming, and he knew that Taehyung was her main target here. All he have to do is to keep an eye on the two, especially his pregnant mate.

"Alright." Taehyung smiles, getting out of the car as he made his way carefully inside the not-so-busy café. Looking to his left, he recognizes Soyeon as she was outshining others- for short, she had luxurious items worn.

"Mrs Jeon," Taehyung greets, bowing his head as the lady looks up. She had a serious expression on her face, before raising an eyebrow.

"You came." Soyeon says, judging Taehyung's clothing up and down and soon noticing the bump on his stomach. A smile had been on her face for a few seconds before urging Taehyung to sit down at the opposite side to face her.

"As you have seen my text, I am here to tell you something important." Soyeon hums. "Really important."

Emphasizing the importance of whatever she would say, this had Taehyung at the edge of his seat. What would it be about? Will Soyeom degrade his being, or will she even do something both him and Jungkook wouldn't like?

"As you can see," Taehyung kept his lips pursed, listening to Soyeon's explaination and announcement. "I know you are pregnant."

The omega's eyes widens, before retreating back to normal size as he knew his bump wouldn't be that easy to hide anymore. He rests his palm onto his bump, accepting the knowledge. "Y-yes, and Jungkook's the dad." He doesn't forget to say, and surprisingly- a little bit of heaviness was pulled off his chest.

"Perfect." Soyeon says, the same wide smile was then shown on her face. She looked incredibly happy, and Taehyung couldn't help but feel a little nicer for the fact the lady infront of him wasn't against his pregnancy.

"Perfect, because you made it more easier." Taehyung's small smile fell, confusion filling him as he furrows his eyebrows. "What do.. You mean?" He asks.

"Ji eun." Soyeon states. "Ji eun cannot get pregnant. Therefore, I have a deal set up for you." The lady then leans close to a dumbfounded Taehyung.

He felt his mind going blank, as if he was told about something terrifying- and he exactly knew where Soyeon's next words were going. Taehyung's fists clenched, biting his lower lip to avoid any violemt reactions.

"I will be accepting you, a low ranked wolf to our family.." Soyeon smirks, with Taehyung's breath stopping momentarily as his heart skips a beat.

"Only if you give me the baby after your birth, to be handed and recognized as Ji eun and Jungkook's surrogate baby."