Thirty Seven: The Lee Identity

"This is Taehyung, my mate."

Silence grew on the living room, almost as if everyone was trying to process his sudden introduction. Taehyung scans the whole room, scared of what they might have thought but had to keep a strong feeling for himself.

But it seems like his mom avoided the question. "Have a seat," Was all that she said, though her tone was just as cold like an indirect rejection.

They sat down, though as they were told. Jungkook had no other choice but to sit down next to the girl, while Taehyung sits down beside him and Jimin.

"Why don't you introduce yourself properly, honey." Jungkook's mom says, with Taehyung looking up- hoping that his mom liked him- but the question wasn't even for him at the first place.

It was for that girl beside his mate.

The girl smiles, standing up elegantly upon the sudden call as Taehyung looks down. "Hello, I am Lee Ji Eun." She formally introduced, to what Taehyung could see, she was definitely older than Jungkook. [A/n: I know IU had been overrated as a side character but then, why not?]

Jungkook doesn't react to this. It was almost as if he didn't care, but he knew his mother wouldn't like such act, so he plays along with a nod.

Taehyung remains quiet, though he knew how hard the judgmental stares he got from both families. "Show me your mark." Jungkook's mother demands, with him looking at Jungkook who looked like he had no other choice at all.

Taehyung moves his sweater a little carefully, showing the evidence that would hopefully shut his mother up. But he only got a smile-- a smile that was weirdly genuine.

"How worse could this even get, ah." His mom complains dramatically, with Taehyung just fixing his sweater silently.

Jungkook knew his mother hates to have children that are an embarrassment, and that's what his plans were- to annoy his mother up to the point she gives up.

"So is the contract between us still legal?" The father of the Lee family spoke up with a sternn voice, as if already doubting the deal between them and this is when his mother panicked.

"Of course it is," Her mom quickly says, though she was trying to calm herself on the sudden announcement of her son. "It won't be canceled because of this."

Jungkook rolled his eyes. "Give up mom. Just-- stop this crap and take the fact I am with your rival's son."

Taehyung gulps. The tension of the whole room had thicken, as she could feel the fire of anger burning her mother. Jimin was already scared that he wanted to reach out for his mate, but Yoongi was at the opposite side, and things would get too awkward.

But in the end she had gathered up the patience left inside of her as a sigh of frustration escapes her. "Ji Eun ah, do you think my son is attractive?"

It was a sudden question, and it made Taehyung sad. He was the mate, and it pained him that the mother only treated him like nothing but air- invisible to them.

"Yes, Mrs Jeon." She answered with a smile, glancing at Jungkook who raised an eyebrow. "Mom, stop it." He says, trying to be stern and dominant, while Taehyung tried to keep himself from submitting.

"You two would really make a perfect couple." Her mom says, completely ignoring the presence of Taehyung. "Unlike my son, Jimin." She says with pure bitterness. Jimin wanted to fight back, but he didn't have the right words to say. So with shame, he looked down.

Taehyung roughly huffs. He didn't like how she treated Jimin like trash. What was wrong with her? Jimin and Yoongi were mates by destiny, like him and Jungkook. If they mate with someone else they would be in great consequences.

Ji eun laughs, "We sure will.." But her answer surely was forced. Was she going through the same as Jungkook? Taehyung thought to himself, though he didn't want to hold onto that.

"So," After a little while of eating, his mother this time spoke to Taehyung who looked a little surprised. "How can you be so sure my son is your true mate, Kim?" She didn't even bother to speak using his first name, but Taehyung had to answer.

"I-it's.. Really what we felt," He didn't know what to call Jungkook's mother, even. But luckily Jungkook catches up. "It's destiny mom, unlike you and dad."

It was as if he slapped his mom in the face, she looked taken back. The Lee family gasps a little, surprised of Jungkook's side comment as his mom glares.

"How dare you talk back to your mom like that?!" She says to him, starting a scolding session again. "I am doing this for your own good! I want you to have a better future and a better family!"

The words struck Taehyung like a truck. He felt offended, and had the urge to touch his baby bump but he simply couldn't. He felt like Jungkook's mother was right. If him and Ji eun would be a couple, they would maybe have a good reputation.

All of it was purely embarassing. Jungkook was being scolded infront of the Lee family, and he didn't like it.

"Ji eun is a trueblood alpha like you are! You two would raise a successful family!" It never seemed to end, but his mom knew better. She sat back down, apologizing to the other family who simply understood the whole situation.

Then there Taehyung understood. Ji Eun was the perfect girl for everyone's eyes. The media would like the two, more than their secret relationship. Ji Eun had a better breed than him, who was a low class.

"You," He heard the stern voice, directed to him again. Taehyung shifts on his chair nervously, finally looking up at her as he tried so hard not to break the eye contact.

"This marraige wouldn't be valid with you hanging around with my son." She starts off, and this had made Taehyung's heart skip one beat.

"But there is another way of making such thing valid." A smirk replaced her face, looking at Taehyung hardly in the eyes.

"If the mate doesn't return a mark, their bond wouldn't be a solid proof."

Then it hit him all over again.

He had never marked Jungkook.

•••

Plot twist, baby. ;)