Fifty Four: The secret of pain

-F L A S H B A C K-

"Breaking news, Jeon Soyeon of the Jeon family announces official pregnancy! Everyone had been reaching their deep congratulations for the miracle pregnancy of hers, and may she finally carry a heir for the wealthy family!"

It was all over the news. None of the townspeople would have no idea of her pregnancy because of it.

"Act like you're literally experiencing symptoms, Soyeon." Hyujin scolds, seeing how the wolf acted like nothing had happened. "You should lessen all your activities and such. Count the days and months, we would have to set you up like you're the mother here."

Soyeon felt like a slave who follows Hyujin. It was humiliating for her part- but then again, she should make it up for the male. Even if it was her faking everything.

The monthly checkups were set under her name, though Areum was the one who was being consulted. Together they would be meeting at the hospital, and every results of her ultrasounds would be handed to Soyeon.

The sperm-inject was a successful result. Areum was pregnant after a few days of monitoring- considering her rank as an alpha. Of course, Soyeon was happy. Even if in the inside she felt like she had no place on being the mother- she had to act like one.

"Are you ready Ms. Jung?" The private doctor of the Jeon family asks, smiling as she led the wolf to lay down at the bed. "This is the day we have been waiting for."

Areum nods her head, hand on her womb as she looks at Soyeon and Hyujin silently waiting at the side; with two completely different expressions.

Soyeon held the same worry and desperation in her eyes- as if praying for it to be a boy like they wanted it to be. Hyujin in the other hand remained calm, unexplainable emotions was in his eyes like he had no further interest other than knowing the baby's gender.

Their eyes were set to the small monitor machine that showed a black and white image of what's inside of Areum's wound. Of course they didn't understand what it meant and it was for the doctor to explain.

Stopping at a right placement where the baby's full body image was- the doctor began to point out each of the body parts. Areum looked happy,  a little nervous of the gender announcement.

"Please don't mess up. Please don't mess up--"

"Congratulations!" The doctor suddenly says aloud. "It's a boy!" Soyeon broke down to tears, sobbing in her hands as Hyujin finally smiles at the news.

A wide and proud smile.

"Thank you." Hyujin says. "The payment would be dropped to your bank account." He leaves again. Areum could only cheer for the news, not minding whatever Hyujin had said.

"Thank you Areum!" Soyeon smiled, going for a hug. "Thank you for not failing me at your promise." She held onto her own fake womb, nothing but a silicone compared to Areum's that held the future of Jeon's generation.

The usual advices were given to Areum, expecting one baby that would be a boy- and now they will be hoping for the wolf to be a trueblood and strong alpha.

••••

At the time for labor, Soyeon was rushed to the hospital- along with Areum who was actually the one doing the real thing. Hyujin never came, though. He had told to only arrive when the baby had been delievered.

The hours passed slowly, a painful labor was being performed and Soyeon lays on the other side of the delievery room, listening to the yells of Areum as she gave a strong push. She cries silently, not believing that all of this was not on her side- she wasn't the one giving birth, let alone the one being monitored every month for her baby.

She never felt the feeling of a real mother.

A loud cry was heard, a strong forceful cry of a baby. Soyeon smiles through her pained tears, hearing the baby's cry was a huge relief for her- the male was finally born to this world, soon enough she would be catching the responsibility of what Areum should be doing.

But along with her clouded thoughts, she was snapped back when the doctors began to chatter with shock. Soyeon remained on the bed, though she used her wolf hearing instincts to listen carefully.

"Prepare for another delivery!"

"This is unexpected for her to have two!"

Soyeon was confused. Her tears came to a stop when she hears Areum yell for a push again. What was going on? She thought to herself as she nudged the nurse beside her who came back from checking the other bed.

"What's wrong? Is she okay?" She asks, though it was unecessary as Areum had already given what they all wanted.

"Ah, the patient." The nurse started, smiling. "She's having two ma'am. She's giving birth to another baby."

No wonder why her womb was growing bigger than expected for the size. Soyeon couldn't judge though, it's not like she's an expert on everything. Instead she was kind of scared that Hyujin might know that she was having two kids- they only expected one, after all.

••••

"He's just so.. Cute." Areum spoke, in her wheelchair as Soyeon was, too. The two looked through the mirror of the nursery, where the two newly born siblings were in.

"What are you naming him?" Areum asked, turning to Soyeon who looked gloomy but had a smile on her face. "I don't know. It's not my obligation to name the baby." She whispers, but Areum wasn't having it.

"No, you're the mom too. You should name him." She smiled, urging Soyeon who looked back at the baby boy who was sleeping quietly.

"Since he would be everyone's respected pride.. I'm naming him Jungkook." Soyeon smiled, looking to Areum who seemed to like the name.

"How about you?" Soyeon asked. "Name?"

"Ah, of course.." Areum sighs before smiling wide. "She's Jiwoo. Jung Jiwoo.."

"But even if she's gonna be with me, recognize her as Jeon Jiwoo."

••••

Family portrait

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Family portrait.

I hope you enjoyed!!
Happy Valentines day~
Luvluv-A/n