Fifty Eight: Apologetic warning

Taehyung's eyes averts back to his manager, which were silently asking for help on how he should deal with her own mother- he knew it would be rude to kick her out, and he wouldn't want her to think all of this was something he regret. But how was Taehyung gonna explain everything, right from the start?

"So," Minhye spoke with her calm yet strict tone. It was something Taehyung had never heard of for months, and he wished to never hear anything from her again. "Mom." He also replied, hesitant.

"You never told me about such news." She continued, not caring for any other greeting. "Was this all by accident? Or is this how you take revenge on your own mother?"

"No, mom." Taehyung spat, eyes narrowing as he was suddenly triggered by her statement. "This is purely not my way of showing my anger towards you." He could say it was purely by accident- but he didn't want to interpret it in such a harsh way. Jungkook was his mate, after all.

"This baby isn't just a mistake. My baby is formed through mating bond- and that this, is the result of our love for each other." Taehyung explains, caressing his baby bump. It was now or never, he had nothing to lose but only to spill the truth.

Minhye, however was surprised by his answer. There was this lingering guilt and trauma inside of her that Taehyung has possibly seen in her eyes- does it somehow have to do with the past again?

"Is he your mate?" Minhye points at Yoongi, as he was the only one at home to look after Taehyung- aside from Jimin who was asleep upstairs.

Quickly, the two shakes their heads no as they stifled a laugh. If Jungkook had been the same jerk, Yoongi wouldn't hesitate to agree and pretend- but to think of Jungkook's undying love and loyalty for Taehyung proves it otherwise.

"No, mom.. He's my manager. Remember Yoongi?" Taehyung explains, looking up to glance at Yoongi before sighing. "My mate.. Isn't home yet. Haven't you noticed that I am not at my complex?" He says, with Minhye furrowing her eyebrows.

"What are you trying to point out, Taehyung." She asks, with the omega turning to Yoongi who nodded his head as a support to whatever he would say.

"My mate.. Is none other than Jungkook." He blurts out, feeling the weight in his heart decrease. "Jeon Jungkook. The idol, my rival and the son of the Jeon family."

His mother's eyes widened, as if she couldn't believe what she had heard. She opens her mouth to speak, yet no words were able to slip out. "I know the truth now mom, how me and Jimin are related and that you are the mate of Jungkook's father." Taehyung smiles a little, unsure if he should be happy to corner her mother from the secrets she had kept eversince he was still young- or perhaps to be guilty of the things she had been through.

Minhye was still Taehyung's mom after all.

"Taehyung.." Minhye spoke, her voice cracking as she looks away. "H-how could you let this all happen?" She says, disappointed and hurt from how she delievered her words.

"Me and Jungkook are fated mates. I don't want to be hurt just to follow your expectations about me, mom. You should accept me for being an omega.." He looks down, caressing his baby bump. "That I am capable of carrying an offspring- a mate baby. Just like you."

There was a moment of silence between the two of them, before Minhye broke down into tears. She looked completely broken and sad about the news, something that Taehyung had expected whenever this time have come.

"My son.." She cries, though she had nothing more to say. Minhye was speechless, both on Taehyung's pregnancy and him finding out the truth.

"Mom. I know it's hard for you to accept me no matter what, but please give me a chance." Tears welled up the omega's eyes, unable to hold back his emotions as he was sensitive especially in his pregnancy stage.

"I want to prove myself to you mom. I want to show you how good I am when it comes to raising a baby." Before he can even hold, a tear ran down his cheek. "I want to make you proud, even just this once."

Taehyung wipes his tears away, trying to calm himself down as he waits for Minhye to respond- but she didn't. She was silently crying, a look of worry and pain evident in her eyes as she could only look at Taehyung.

"Mrs. Kim." Yoongi butts in, making sure he wasn't gonna be a bother. "I think Taehyung has a point. He have been through alot even before this had happened. Both the baby and Jungkook became his motivation to be happy despite the worries he would think, mosr especially for his career as a famous idol." He pats Taehyung's lap, letting him know that he would be always there to support him and this honestly made the omega feel protected.

"I.. I am so sorry, for I failed as a mom for you and Jimin.." Minhye says, guilty and finally accepting her flaws. "For making you feel unwanted and for forcing you to exceed my expectations." She wipes her tears away, with Taehyung looking back with a shocked expression.

She actually apologized? It felt new for Taehyung, but to finally hear something pleasant from his mother made his heart melt. He felt loved, even for a little bit- this had proven his mother wasn't as bad like Soyeon. She was just an omega who lost her fated mate because of contracts and fake marraige.

"I-it's okay.. Mom.." Taehyung smiles. "I forgive you, Jimin forgives you but I think you two have to talk about something urgent about Soyeon's behaviour." He says, recallinf the sudden bruises he saw on his half brother's body- it was a pitiful sight and it pains him to remember such scenario.

"Thank you, Taehyung ah.." Minhye smiles a little, but then shakes her head. "I came here for another reason. I came here to warn you too, Tae."

"What do you mean by that?" Taehyung asks, brows furrowed. He didn't get why his mother would go for such an absurd question, but it made him feel nervous and curious at the same time.

"Dispatch." A word that he hated the most, was followed by the words he never wished to happen soon.

"Dispatch, they have been taking photos of you and Jungkook everywhere. They have been following you, Taehyung."

••••

I had a busy week but I finally had the idea and inspiration to write❤💜
I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Also, to thos interested in reading historian AU fic, I have made one and it's called WINDFALL! Go check it out uwu >,<

Luvluv-A/N