Fourty Nine: Companion

"Oh my god, Jimin!" Taehyung walked a little fast, making his way onto the bed where the male was seated, crying heavily as his breathing started to get uneven.

"Who did this to you?" He tries to get a reply, but it was useless. The question triggered something inside of Jimin, and this only had made him cry even more. "Shit, ahh, I'm sorry.. Please don't cry. I'm here. Please." He tries to calm the beta instead, knowing that he couldn't answer the questions yet especially if he was still busy crying.

His arms gently wraps around Jimin's bruised body, pulling him close but was still in a manner that wouldn't hurt the male. Jimin leans to his shoulder, trying to make himself shut up but his sobs were already uncontrollable.

Taehyung remained quiet, knowing Jimin had to let it all out in order for him to feel better. He knew his hug would be the best medicine to calm him down from his breakdown. After a few more minutes of crying- Jimin became silent, no more sobs coming out of his mouth but only inaudible sniffles.

"Jimin ah, are you feeling better now?" He carefully lifts Jimin's body and transferring his weight to the bed. The beta had fallen asleep, too tired from all the crying he had been through- or the beating to somewhat sum it up.

Taehyung bit his lip, emotions also building up inside him as confusion became his number one worry. "Who did this to you, Jimin ah?" He asks nobody but more to the sleeping figure on the bed. Jimin looked exhausted, bruised and broken. The sight of the purple-blue bruises made him want to throw up already.

He reaches for his phone, ready to dial the first suspicion he had. Taehyung places the phone against his ear, hearing a ring from the other line before it was picked up.

"Hello--"

"Yoongi. It's Taehyung. Come by at Jungkook's house, now. We need to talk." Taehyung tries not to even sound mad, but what had happened to Jimin? He couldn't help but feel hurt for the male aswell. Before Yoongi can even ask why- he had already pressed the red button to end the call.

"Don't worry Jimin ah. I won't let this pass- even if it's Yoongi who hurt you." Taehyung bitterly spat, pouting a little as he made his way to the private bathroom of Jimin's room to prepare a cold compress for the bruises on his body.

An hour passed by, and Taehyung still didn't stop treating his bruises off, repeatedly wetting the damp towel before applying to the bruises. He sighs, still waiting for Yoongi to arrive. His mind was clouded with suspicions and how Jimin ended up being badly bruised. He wanted to ask how long had he experienced the beatings- or why did he even have those at the first place.

He hated to blame his hyung- Yoongi, whom he had known for years. Taehyung felt wrong on suddenly jumping into conclusions without hearing anything from Jimin, but he couldn't help it.

He felt the urge of protecting the beta, even if his rank was lower than him. Still, the omega couldn't stress out, constantly caressing his baby bump to keep himself at the right state.

"Taehyung?" Yoongi's voice interrupts, coming from downstairs. Heavy footsteps was then heard coming up the stairs, searching in each rooms until he had found the only open room which was where Taehyung and Jimin was located in. A look of confusion was first evident on Yoongi's face- probably in the thought of what would Taehyung have to talk about, but it was soon changed into a worried expression when Taehyung moved away from the bed.

It allowed to give Yoongi a better view of Jimin's bruised body.

"What the fuck.. Jimin!" A growl escapes his lips, coming closer to check onto his sleeping mate but he was stopped midway by Taehyung. "No. Don't come closer and explain why he is hurt." He glares, eyes piercing to the alpha who looked far from knowing anything at all.

"What-- what the hell are you asking me?! I didn't hurt him! I could never hurt Jimin." Yoongi exclaimed, though he was still careful not to yell at the pregnant wolf. He tried to remain calm, though the sight of his mate's bruised body angered him.

Taehyung's eyes softens, letting go of the grip he had applied. "Right. I'm so sorry hyung. I blamed you on the spot, I just had no one to point onto." He looks down.

"That's okay, but what happened?" Yoongi asks worriedly, sittinf at the edge of the bed as he took ahold of Jimin's hand. Taehyung sighs deep, recalling the events that had occured so fast.

"Me and Jungkook cam back from Soyeon's. He left me here because he had matters to attend, but Jimin wasn't here to welcome me." He tries to summarize, fiddling with his hands. "I went upstairs when I heard his cries, and I found him here seated on his bed- crying nonstop with bruises already on his body." Taehyung's eyes landed onto Jimin's unbothered sleeping figure, a wave of sympathy suddenly washing through him as guilt also eated him up.

"Hyung," He says, tears welling up his eyes as he himself couldn't bare seeing his best friend hurt. "What.. What if an intruder broke in and beated him up? I wish I-I was here with him!" Taehyung cried silently. Yoongi looks at him in disbelief, hugging him as a sign of comfort whilst rubbing his back.

"No, Taehyung ah. Please don't think like that. We'll have to hear it from Jimin first okay? Let's not jump into conclusions." Taehyung nods, wiping his tears fast as he looks back at the bed, with Jimin now regaining conciousnessas he was looking around.

"Y-yoongi.." He calls first, with the alpha pulling away and held Jimin's hand. "Jimin. It's okay. I'm here now, what happened?" He asks in a careful manner, with the beta returning a firm grip to his hand.

"I.." Jimin starts off, avoiding eye contacts with the two as he sighs deeply. "I-it's about mom.." He explains, woth Taehyung slowly getting ahold of the question. Jungkook had said something back at the car- and remembering it now gave a hit of realization against him.

"We both know that Jimin had found his mate- but it turned to he a male. Our generation had the rare percentage of finding a male mate, and we seem to be in that percentage." He explains, smiling at the fact as he caressed Taehyung's cheeks.

"But what about Jimin? You seem to be taken back when I said he was still there for Soyeon." He doesn't forget to ask, doe eyes staring at Jungkook's and he knew that the male couldn't resist them.

"Ah," He sighs in disbelief. "Well, Jimin--"

Before he can even explain, his cellphone dinged with an upcoming message. The alpha took his phone and reads the message. "You should talk to Jimin instead, baby. He has alot to say and it would be better if it came from him and not me. I have something to attend."

Taehyung had his eyes widen, shaking a little as to his little suspicion now might be a bridge to a bigger problem. Oh how he wished he never called Yoongi at the first place. Who knew what the alpha would do if his question gets a confirmation.

"Jimin," His tone shakes a little, biting his lower lip nervously. Jimin turns to him silently, waiting for what he was gonna say.

"Did.. Soyeon-- your mom, perhaps.. Did this to you?" He didn't want to ask, but he had to get an answer. It was simply a yes or no question, both answers would lead to two different situations.

But the nod from Jimin turned the situation into a worst one.