Fourty Seven: Sarcastic Surrogate

"Only if you give me the baby after your birth, to be handed and recognized as Ji eun and Jungkook's surrogate baby."

Taehyung stares at Soyeon with an unreadable expression plastered on his face, and within a few seconds- he began to laugh.

"So you want me, to just give away my child?" Taehyung emphasizes, raising an eyebrow as his mood completely changed.

"You call that a deal? A deal of an old alpha asking a pregnant omega to give away the child as a surrogate baby?" He narrows his eyes at her, glaring. "Just.. Like that?"

Soyeon leans back to her chair, surprised that Taehyung wasn't as weak as she thought. The plans of her exploiting the male was completely revised.

"You want Jungkook and our wealth right?" The lady remarks. "I'm making it easier for you, Taehyung. Stop turning the tables."

"How dare you," Taehyung growls. "Who are you to name my background? Am I really just an omega for you?" He furrows his eyebrows, disgusted.

"How is it fucking easy to give away a child that you have carried for months?!" He spat. "Is it perhaps easy for you?" Taehyung returns the question.

Soyeon remains quiet, giving way for Taehyung to continue. "Because maybe, Jungkook wasn't your child?" A sarcastic remark, with a matching smirk. Taehyung corners Soyeon who widens her eyes.

"Ah," She huffs, a little offended. "Oh, I'm sorry. Cat got your tongue?" It felt right, especially to finally scare someone superior to him.

Though he was a low ranked wolf, it was wrong for him to give away that symbolized his bond to his alpha mate. Giving away a child would make him feel miserable, guilty. Disrespecting his own self would be one.

"If you're only known for your deals," Taehyung sighs. "Try again. You probably wasted my time instead of congratulating me for giving your family a heir." He rubs his baby bump, a smile of tease was then shown across his face.

"But no," He says, looking back at Soyeon who tried to give him a calm expression, though her eyes showed anger while her hands were trembling. "This baby is only mine and Jungkook's. Our son. Never your grandchild and would never be following your tradition."

Taehyung then mocks Soyeon, leaning just a little close. "For I would want the best for him. In order to give him that," He pursed his lips for a few seconds before opening again. "He should feel love, freedom."

"Something you can never give to your children." As if on victory, he smirks at this- with Soyeon holding her breath- "How dare you!"

She rose from her seat, with Taehyung following her action but what caught him off guard was the open palm being raised and swung in the air.

The omega froze, shutting his eyes to brace himself for the slap- but he had never felt any.

That was when he hears a familiar growl that had never failed to make him submit. Taehyung opens his eyes again, only to see Jungkook who was holding her wrist, glaring.

"Try to hurt my mate," Jungkook tightens the grip shameless that it was his mother. "I won't hesitate to treat you like a rogue." With the little care left, he pushed Soyeon just lightly with a glare.

Taehyung moves behind Jungkook, tugging on his shirt. "Let's go, Jungkook. Fans might already recognize our presence." He whispers, staring at Soyeon with a blank expression.

"Oh and about the deal," Taehyung sighs dramatic. "Consider it being thrown to the garbage." He then moved away, urging Jungkook to follow who still stayed.

"Mom," His voice shakes with a loud growl. "Don't ever come threaten my mate, nor my own family. I am already old enough, and I don't need to follow you and your tradition." He explains clearly, with Soyeon being speechless with the alpha's behaviour.

"You disrespectful brat, without me you won't be alive!" Soyeon replies within a few moments of silence, anger bursting but this didn't bother Jungkook.

"I know." He smirks. "But with your attitude I have learnt to live on my own. Guess what? It worked." Jungkook harshly spat, looking back to the car where Taehyung was waiting patiently.

"So next time, if you try to pursuade Taehyung with your deals, think again." Jungkook warns. "Or else you'll have to face me." With those words being out, he turns around to leave, not sparing another glance to Soyeok who was probably struck about his words.

Heading back to the car, the first worry he had was Taehyung. "Did she try to do anything more?" The omega shooks his head. "No, she only had a stupid deal. I swear she's really not thinking anymore." He laughs, along with Jungkook who agreed.

"My bad, she really doesn't know how to discipline. Perhaps she only wanted the Jeon wealth and not us." The laugh was a little bit sad, and Taehyung knew something was up.

"Did you somehow have any fights with your mother that led to her changing?" Taehyung asks curiously.

"A mother would never change even if their children would be chaotic and ill-mannered." Jungkook looks at him. "Soyeon.. I don't know. I feel like something's up with mom."

"Is she even your mom?" Taehyung couldn't help but to ask, eyebrows furrowed as he quickly retreats to cover his mouth with his palm. "I'm sorry." He whispers.

"No, it's fine." Jungkook starts the engine. "I thought of that too, but I guess it's better to have someone to call mom." Driving off, the ride was silent. Gloominess filled the car as Taehyung decided to stay silent- because of his mate not trying to even make the conversation last long.

"Kook ah," Taehyung pouts. "I'm sorry. I just couldn't help it." He felt like it was his fault, but Jungkook's sudden laugh assures him otherwise.

"It's not your fault. What you said just got me thinking." Jungkook smiles. "I think I should dig in further."

"What do you mean?" Taehyung asks, with Jungkook only pecking his nose.

"I have to know the truth."

••••

Early update because I luv ya'll!❤❤

Luvluv-A/n