Thirty Nine: Happiness

𝙃𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙮 𝙉𝙚𝙬 𝙔𝙚𝙖𝙧, 𝙢𝙮 𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙙 𝙜𝙜𝙪𝙠𝙞𝙚𝙨!
𝙄 𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙚𝙣𝙟𝙤𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙘𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙗𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜!
𝙀𝙣𝙟𝙤𝙮~

•••

"Taehyung," His mother says, eyes a little wide and it was clear to tell she was surprised. "Mom.." He repeats again, this time with a clarified tone as he stares at his mother with disbelief.

The omega's heart was racing, he wanted to just act like he have not seen her but it would look like he was hiding his pregnancy- even if it was the truth, as much as he could he would hide it.

"My poor son," She gasps, "Am I really seeing you.. Pregnant?" It wasn't an act. She was surprised aswell, though Taehyung know she looks at him like a useless boy- a part of him understood that his mom was doing it for a reason.

"Mom, I know it's shocking but I'm sorry." He says, not wanting to stay anymore longer. "I have to go mom. I have somewhere else to go."

Taehyung bows, turning to leave but he was held back with a hold on his wrist. He just wanted to go and hug his mate- he had been through much today and to add his mother knowing his condition made him want to just disappear and never be seen by anyone ever again.

"Did you mate with someone already?!" Her voice sounded disappointed, maybe because she have not heard of his mate yet. "Or did was that baby made in a one night stand?"

Taehyung blushes. How was he suppose to explain that he got it from his mate, in a scenario which can be also called a one night stand?

"It's.. Not the perfect time to discuss this mom. Just please, I have to go." He tries to complain, pulling away from his mother with a worried sigh.

"I want to meet him. Your mate. I want to make sure he isn't someone for us to be ashamed of. Remember that you're not just an average person, Taehyung. You have a reputation and you have to keep it as stable as possible." Her mother, Minhye reminds him yet again. Taehyung felt like she was only after his fame.

"Please mom, are you listening to me?" Taehyung repeats, a bit loud than earlier. "I told you. Not now. Don't act like you care for me so much, I'm not a little boy that you could order around anymore." He says, glaring at his mother before stepping back.

Minhye just gave him a still disappointed look, shaking her head a little before mumbling something Taehyung couldn't really make out on whatever it was.

When he finally took his leave, relief flooded inside him as he finally landed his eyes on his mate- who looked far too worried based on how he had been looking every now and then to the hall Taehyung went in.

"Taehyung," He sighs in relief, seeing the omega come towards him. "I thought something bad had happened there. Are you okay? I was about to follow too."

"I'm okay kook ah." Taehyung smiles, assuring him that he was fine and that nothing had happened to him back at the bathroom. "It's just that I met someone there.." He fiddles with his fingers, looking back up at Jungkook who was confused.

"It was mum.." Taehyung explains further. "She saw my baby bump, too." He says, recalling what had happened earlier as Jungkook reached for his hand, holding it gently before squeezing.

"Did she hurt you?" He asks, "Our pup?" Taehyung shakes his head. "She was kind of.. Disappointed that I have not tokd her about this, and I didn't tell her that my mate is you."

"But other than that, no. She let me leave as soon as I told her to leave me be, but I guess I can't just ignore her for a long time. She might think that I made a mistake." Taehyung pouts. "And our baby pup isn't a mistake. I love our pup." He says with a light blush visible on his cheeks.

"I see," Jungkook smiles. "I am glad that she didn't overreact like my mom did. She didn't even realize she was embarrassing herself, not me." He chuckles, with Taehyung agreeing to his statement.

"But what about your mom, kookie? I'm worried that she might come at my apartment and do something mean.." He caressed his bump secretly again, careful enough not to let anyone else notice as they were eating at a public place.

"You're sleeping in my place for a while." Jungkook didn't make it sound like an offer though, it was a blunt statement that Taehyung knew he couldn't deny, it's not like he would if he had the chance. He still have to mind the baby's safety.

"She doesn't know where I live, and even if she does and comes, it's not like I'll leave you there." Jungkook assures, smiling.

"Okay, but I have no clothes-" The omega protests, but Jungkook simply cuts him off. "You like oversized shirts better." That made him sigh in defeat before nodding.

"Awkie.." Taehyung couldn't really believe he would be sleeping with his mate again, this time without any harsh feelings- just to make him safe, him and the pup to be specific. "Let's go?" Jungkook asks, with Taehyung pausing for a few more seconds before collecting himself once more, nodding.

Hand in hand, the two made their way out of the restaurant, with a pair of eyes watching them from afar.

•••

"I remember the time I came here," Taehyung giggles, looking at Jungkook's luxury apartment through the car window.

"Yeah, you spilled the truth and confronted me that I was the pup's father. Now we're here to actually sleep together." Jungkook chuckles aswell, turning to a curve as he carefully parked his car.

"Yeah.." Taehyung says, in awe as he freely held on his baby bump. "Our pup must be so happy about this." He chuckles, waiting for Jungkook to open his car door as he steps out aswell.

The two enters Jungkook's apartment, with heavy sighs of content- they sat themselves onto the couch. "What a tiring night." Jungkook mumbles, turning on the TV just so th house wouldn't be so quiet.

"A stressful one." Taehyung corrects laughing. He began to recall the chaotic dinner at the place pf Jungkook's place, along with the negative words he had heard to which made him pout.

"Jungkook ah," He turns to his mate. "I wanna mark you." The alpha hen raises an eyebrow, a bit surprised to his request.

"You just have to wait for eight months, you can mark me when the pup's out, okay?" He assures, but Taehyung wasn't having any of what he had said.

The omega sat onto his lap, arms wrapped around Jungkook's neck as he snuggles himself onto his embrace- his scent slowly invading Jungkook's nostrils as the scent blocking perfume started to wear off.

"What do you mean, Tae?" He asks, unsure. He held the male by his waist, with his mate peppering kisses on his neck.

"Please kookie," He whispers by the time he reached to his ear. "Let's do it. Let's make love. By then I can mark you, we're gonna be true mates."

Jungkook was then pulled onto a passionate kiss, which was led by Taehyung.

"And this time," The smiling male pulls away.

"I trust you that you'll take me slow and won't hurt me."