Fifty Five: Soyeon's hatred

-F L A S H B A C K-

"Where were you?" Soyeon spoke, craddling Jungkook who was sleeping soundly. Hyujin however didn't go over the bush. "I told you didn't I? I was out for business trips. It had explained why I wasn't on your labor, let alone through your final week or whatever your fake shit is."

Unable to say anything, Soyeon silently continued to craddle Jungkook- who looked exactly like Hyujin, with a special hint of areum. She felt sick caring for a baby that was never hers, but this baby was the reason why Hyujin held onto her.

"What would the media say? They would wonder why you weren't there for me-"

"Soyeon, shut up!" Hyujin spat, with a loud voice that had caused her to flinch- with Jungkook startled as he began to cry. "Why would I prioritize you, huh? Because you're my wife? That's it?!" He glares, stressed out about everything.

"Remember, Soyeon. You're not my mate." Hyujin boldly points at her, who desperately tried to calm a crying baby. "I rejected her because of the stupid contract. I rejected her because I needed a trueblood breed!" Soyeon shuts her eyes, gulping the harsh words he had poured to her.

"Y-you're not the.. Only one who rejected a mate, Hyujin." Soyeon says weakly, "But to me, you're my everything. So please Hyujin.." She tries to speak, but the man wasn't having any of it.

"No, Soyeon." He says in a stern tone. "You have to learn your place. Limits are being performed and you tend to step out of it. We are trying to keep a perfect family relationship and that doesn't mean I would have to love you."

"Remember Soyeon. We have been arranged. This isn't a marraige of love, and thus- you should not expand your thoughts. You would only hurt yourself with it." Hyujin lowers his voice. "Because you know I could never love you back."

The following night, he leaves again. Soyeon started to feel intense pains inside her heart, crying herself to sleep everynight and would have to watch over Jungkook whenever she can- though there are baby nannys that looked after him.

But just when she thought everything was gonna be alright- the weight was thrown back to her.

••••

"Mama!" A little boy squeals, crying as he was lifted off the ground by a stronger alpha.

"No, baby!" The omega began to sob, chasing them with all her might. "Hyujin, don't do this to me! To our son!" She begged, holding back the alpha who had no plans on letting the poor baby wolf go.

"He's my son," Hyujin growled. "I have every rights on our baby."

"I-I know," She sobbed. "But y-you can't take him away, not my Jimin!"

"I will give him a good life. A brother, and mold him into a perfect person, Minhye. Jimin would be better off with me, I wouldn't feel empty anymore." He calms down, not wanting to see her cry.

Hyujin steps forward to Minhye, hand on her cheek. "Jimin is our little bundle of joy. He symbolizes our true bond. Even if I couldn't mark you as mine anymore.." He sighs.

"Jimin would be the proof that my love for you is prioritized." The cold wind flew smoothly, drying Minhye's tears as Jimin stopped struggling under his biological father's grip.