Sixty: Alpha instincts

"Hyung, is something bothering you?" Taehyung asks his manager, eyebrows furrowed as he was noticing an odd behaviour from the alpha.

"Yes, I might be just tired. How are you feeling? Do you need something?" Yoongi returns the question, unable to stare completely to the worried wolf as he could only recall the cruel plans.

"I miss kookie." Taehyung pouts, making Yoongi chuckle a little. "He basically left just a few hours ago, Taetae. You really miss him that bad?"

"Stop acting like you don't miss me when I go out." Jimin giggles, sitting beside Taehyung before caressing his large baby bump. "It's normal for a wolf to miss their mate." He defended, even though he knew Yoongi was just joking.

"Can I go?" Taehyung asks. It's been days since he had actually went out with Jungkook or Jimin- he had to stay out of sight for the sake of Dispatch not catching what he does or his situation.

"You have to let kook know your plans though. We can't risk him getting worried sick. You know he has some weird instincts." Jimin shrugs, with Taehyung pouting.

"He wouldn't let me. He would only allow me if he's with me or something." The omega sighs, a little hopeless about the want of going outside for a quick stroll or even to eat lunch.

This was for his safety, after all.

"We won't know if you don't call him." Yoongi encouraged, with the two sparing him a glance before deciding to give the idol a call.

After a few rings, the other line was soon picked up. "Yes Tae? Do you need anything?" Jungkook's calm yet dominant voice greets him, sending shivers down his spine as he smiles.

"No, I just.. Wanna ask how are you?" Taehyung starts off, with Jimin laughing as he nudged the omega playfully- who was now a blushing mess.

"You miss me, don't ya?" Jungkook's soft airy chuckle was heard. "I'm doing fine, just suggesting things for my concert that is already a few more weeks away."

Hearing the topic about his concert made him recall their plans on admitting. Taehyung's heart skips a beat, suddenly becoming nervous about it. "O-oh, that's good to hear.." Was all that he could say.

"Don't worry about it much okay? Let me handle it for you. Just rest and try not to stress out much." Taehyung bit his lower lip, holding back a squeal as he just finds Jungkook too sweet whenever he would give him monitoring calls.

"Also, I am free for lunch. Should I pick you up? Let's eat again at my sister's place. I'm sure you love her meals there."

"Yes!" Almost immediately, Taehyung responds to his offer- it's like going on a date with his mate again, he couldn't miss such opportunity.

"Noted. I'll pick you up by 11. See you Tae ah, love you." Jungkook says, with Taehyung whispering back the sweet words shyly.

Upon hanging up, Taehyung smiles happily. "Yay! Me and kook will go on a date!" He announced, with Yoongi and Jimin shaking their heads slightly.

"You both are so childish, I swear." Yoongi says, with Taehyung pouting. "I can't say no to his offer, and besides- Jungkook wanted to eat on his sister's restaurant."

Yoongi froze. He haven't spoke about the incident yet, who knows what were her plans on him?

Looking back at Taehyung, he was excited and happy about their lunch date. It would be a bother for him to say such thing, so he decided to tell him at the right moment.

As long as Jungkook was there with Taehyung, he was okay.

"Just be careful out there okay?" Yoongi says, with the omega nodding his head.

••••

"Oh! What a sudden surprise!" Jiwoo says, completely clueless upon Taehyung and Jungkook's arrival. They haven't booked any reservations, let along call her for advanced food preparation.

"Hello, we actually came by to eat lunch together." Jungkook smiles. "Perhaps this is the only restaurant that can hold our identity until the concert day comes."

Taehyung smiles shyly, holding Jungkook's hand while his other caresses his big bump. "Of course, come here anytime. It's such an honor to serve you both." Jiwoo smiles- but the omega could notice something off about it.

"Your privacy would be respected." She says, in a low voice as she spares him a short weird glance. Taehyung raises an eyebrow to acknowledge her sudden approach, but plays it off with a smile aswell.

It was their second date. They are supposed to be enjoying their moments together rather than being suspicious about Jiwoo.

"That's a good thing to hear. Although I have not booked a reservation, could we have a table somewhere here in your resto? We would like to eat up." Jungkook responds, not wanting silence  to awkwardly wrap them.

"Sure. Table for two, coming up." Jiwoo grabs two menus, leading them to a vacant chair by the side of the restuarant- somewhere a little covered and private for them.

Taehyung quietly follows, unable to do anything as his hand was gently held by his mate.

"Well, just call up the waiter if you have chosen your orders. Enjoy your date." Jiwoo bows, turning to leave once they were settled.

"Your sister's acting weird." The omega blurts out after seeing her disappear to the restaurant's kitchen. "In what way?" Jungkook asks, confused about his sudden statement.

"Well, I don't really know. But I can sense something-- like something mean about her?" Taehyung pouts then again, eyebrows furrowed. "Like, is she in a bad mood today?"

"Tae, stop being silly." Jungkook chuckles, shrugging as he stares at the available meals on the menu. "I don't sense anything. Maybe you're just hungry."

"Yeah. Maybe I am." Taehyung spats back a little sarcastic, rolling his eyes playfully as he glances at the kitchen area.

Only to meet a familiar pair of eyes staring back at him.

"Go on and choose your meal to eat Tae ah. We only have a few hours before I go back to work." Jungkook says, not wanting Taehyung's attention being split apart from him.

"Hmm.. Okay." Silently, he picks his desired meals from the menu- his head clouded with hazy thoughts about the familiar male he had seen talking with Jiwoo by the door of the kitchen.

Something was off and he needed to investigate.

It was either he trusts his instincts, or to trust his alpha.