EPISODE 19

JACK'S POV

Although Gerald was always talk about this mystery girl he has falling in love with and saw her the day we went to  Casa García which was her father's restaurant, both Scott and I didn't see her because we were busy discussing something and couldn't get time to meet Gerald's princess as he calls her until she started Cambell.

When I first saw Cheryl I felt the same way I felt when I see my little sister faith. It was funny and crazy but after seeing Cheryl I felt like life has given me another chance to have a sister but the problem was how to approach her. When her dad made me promise I will take care of her and take her as a sister the day he died I accepted because I already saw her as a sister just that I haven't talked to her before.

On the day her dad died he said something to me that shocked me. He told me a secret about Brittany's families wealth and also made me promise to always watch Cheryl and make sure she is safe and also make sure I don't tell his daughter the secret he told me and also make sure I threat her like my sister and protect her always.  But what shocked me more was when her dad mentioned  my name I tried knowing how he got to know my name but took it that maybe he saw my name on TV since my family is famous and I usually appear on news papers  with the boys when we go to  charity bals and fundraising occasions  with our families.

On Wednesday when she gave me the chance to take her as my sister I swear to myself that I will love her just like I loved faith and will be the best big brother to her. When I help her move in with the boys and I that evening , my mum called and told me the private investigator was there with good news so I should come over. I wanted to go with Cheryl and introduce her to my parent but she didn't agree.

You may be confuse and ask what investigator am talking about and what is he investigating about..... let me explain. My dad is a fraternal twin and his twin sister has been missing for twenty years now.  According to my dad his twin sister eloped with her boyfriend when they were 21 years old because my grandfather wasn't in support of their relationship and made life hell for  his twin sister's boyfriend so when they couldn't take it anymore they both run away and since then my dad had hired a private investigator to look for his twin sister.

When I got to my parents house, the investigator was already in the house , we sat and the only information  this lazy old man who calls himself an investigator could get was that he found out dad's sister was here in America but doesn't know the particular place she is right now and that he will find out soon and that he needed money to support his investigation.

This is the same thing he has been saying for the past 4years and taking money from my parent but this nonsense has to stop.  I have a feeling he knows where  dad's  sister is but he is not saying it because he won't have a reason to extract money from us  if we found her and he is holding on dad's trust to extract money from us but it is over.

Before dad could say his usual "thank you and let us know when you find anything  more " phrase I spoke.......

Thank you Mr Pérez we appreciate  your effort but this is the last money we will be given you and also you are off the case , we will get a new investigator to continue with this case and if you don't mind let me escorts you to the door. I forced the old man out of the house as my parent look at me shocked since I haven't behaved this way before.

I came back to were my dad is and told him what I thought and why I did that to the man and mum agreed that she also had that feeling so we planned on getting a new investigator and also try to use our connections to get information on all Mexicans living in America we may find her since we now know she us here in America. I also told them about Cheryl and they were happy I have put faith's death behind me and moving on with my life and also had me promise to bring Cheryl soon to meet them...........

GERALD'S POV

When we arrive in  Italy  we went to one of my parent's house. My mum is an Italian  and my dad is an American. We came to the wedding of one of mum's cousin . I went into the room I usually use when ever  we are in my mum's homeland. I put my luggage away and slept because I was very tired.

On Saturday morning I was waken up by a knock on my door and I lazily stood up and opened the door only to see my annoying twin sister at my door........

What do you want ? I asked

Mum and dad are not home and there is no one here to talk to so I decided to come to you. She pouted like a five year old kid asking her mum to buy her candies.

OK. Before I could ask her to sit she was already sited on my bed. I shook my head at her and went to the bathroom to do my morning business. When I finished I went to my luggage and took my cloths and put them on.

I sat beside janice and asked her the one question I have wanted to ask her the past three days..........

What is Cheryl's favourite colour?

Pink. Why ? She asked curiosly.

I will be proposing to her before the whole school on Monday and I have no idea how to do that since I have never done that before. I replied worried.

Just go on your knees and tell her you love her and want her to be your girlfriend like any other proposal. She casually replied.

No you don't get me I don't want it to be like any other proposal I want it to be unique and   I want it to be the talk of the school and something that will be in her mind  forever. I explained.

Wow that is interesting. But remember this is fake and if after all that you break up with her after her revenge don't you think it going to be a little awkward for her ? She asked.

Yh that is true but am not planning on breaking up with her. You know I love her and am planning on making her fall for me before her revenge end. I said .

OK so what now. She asked.

I don't know but I have always had this fantasy of proposing to her on a dinner date in a 5 star restaurant, decorated with flowers  with this romantic vibe. I replied.

But you can't get the whole school to go to a restaurant to witness your proposal. She reasoned.

Yes that is my concern now. I sadly said.

But you can use the cafeteria in place of the restaurant  and you know our school cafeteria  is designed just like a 5 star restaurant so I think it will not be difficult decorating it. She suggested.

Yes that is it thank  you......... but I will need mum's  approval to use the cafeteria and do you think she will help me out this time around. I said.

Yes you know mum loves you and will do anything to make you happy and you know if she created a scholarship programme just to make you happy how much more just agreeing for you to use the cafeteria. She said.

Yh you are right thanks....... today that dumb brain of yours has come out with a good idea. I teased and she hit me with the pillow and that is it we started a pillow fight.

But one thing was on my mind , and that is I just hope it all goes well and that she likes it................

❤️U
XoXo
Christalyne peisie