Happy - Annie

I'm sure we've all asked ourselves this question at least once in our lives.

Why am I not happy?

And

How can I become happy?

Today I'll try to answer those questions!

Happiness, to me, is the unmistakable feeling of joy and being content. I'm going to be completely honest right now. I don't feel very happy.

But I can change that, and so can you!

We all have different things that make us happy. Maybe it's a hobby or favorite tv show that never fails to make us smile. Doing things that make you happy is a great way to improve your mood!

Here are some examples:

✰rereading your favorite book

✰listening to your favorite song

✰watching your favorite tv show

✰watching your favorite movie

✰dancing to happy music

✰singing along to your favorite songs

✰trying a new hairstyle

✰practicing your favorite hobby, like drawing, painting, or writing

✰spending time with your family

✰playing your favorite game

✰calling your friends

✰cooking dinner for your family

✰baking your favorite dessert

✰making a blanket fort with your siblings (you're never too old for this)

✰doing yoga

There are definitely more things than that that make you happy! The key is doing them every day, so that you'll be in a better mood. After all, why should you do things that make you sad? You can distract yourself by doing these things, and end up feeling happier!

You might not feel happy because you're having troubles at home or something that makes you feel sad. I understand that, but try not to dwell on the negatives because they'll bring you down. It's not worth giving up, when you can keep fighting and win the war.

Honestly, right now, I think everyone is feeling a little bit sadder than usual. It's difficult to be stuck inside, feeling like there isn't a point in life. I know I feel that way. But instead of sitting around, thinking, doing things that make you happy can help.

It's up to you to feel happy. People can make you smile, but only you can make yourself feel truly happy. I'm not saying that you shouldn't hang out with your friends and family. I'm saying that you should do that, in addition to having alone time.

Taking out time for yourself in your day is important to being happy. You can take a moment and reflect on how you feel at the moment, and realize what things make you feel. For example, if doing something makes you sad, then you might not want to do it as often.

I know that when you're alone, it's hard to block out all the negative thoughts in your head. Just ignore it. That might sound dumb, but I do that, and personally, it really helps me. Instead of listening to the voices in your head, fight back and think "I don't deserve this." Because whatever that negative voice is telling you, it's not true. It might be your biggest fears and insecurities.

Something that can help is coming up with a positive thought to tell yourself every time you think something negative about yourself.

For example, if your mind tells you you're ugly, you can say. "I am beautiful, inside and out, regardless of my appearance. My appearance doesn't matter as much as my personality." Because that's true. You are beautiful.

If the voice tells you that you're worthless and not loved, you can say, "I am worth more than everyone realized. I am a precious diamond. I am loved by family and friends." You are a beautiful, shining diamond and anyone who doesn't realize that is blind. And even if you feel like you aren't loved, you are. Because I love you the way you are. I might not know you, but that's okay. I still love you.

If someone actually tells you that you're ugly or dumb, don't listen. That is not true at all. You are beautiful and smart. Everyone has different talents. Ignore the people who tell you those things. Chances are, they're going through something too. They're probably jealous of how amazing you are!

To sum everything up, happiness comes from you! It's up to you to make positive changes in your life, and you'll feel better! You deserve to be happy, so what's stopping you?

I hope this chapter helped you! Have an amazing day! I love you and stay strong ❤️❤️❤️

❤️Annie