ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀᴡɴ ᴏғ ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ ᴅᴀʏ | The founder

There were two main reasons, I left in December.

1. To focus on myself, my healing, my dreams, my goals, etc.

2. Because SGC didn't/ doesn't need me anymore, and neither did/does Wattpad.

 I felt like I had given absolutely everything I had to give this club.

What I realize now is the reason I felt that way is because all of the love, care, passion, commitment, friendship, and inspiration I've poured into the Strong Girls Club, my friends, and all of the people I've helped, are things I've never given to myself.

No wonder my well ran so dry.

Giving so much to others, and absolutely nothing to yourself can exhaust you.

I'm just surprised I was even able to keep it up for so long.

Like how did I not drop dead emotionally from everything I was already dealing on my own combined with all of the people I was helping via the internet?

I'm not the same person anymore.

I don't feel like I have to save everyone, that's not my job.

I no longer feel like everyone else's mental, physical, and emotional health is a thousand times more important than mine.

Remember when I told you all about how as a kid I struggled to be truly happy,  because I knew somewhere out there someone else was suffering?

I don't feel that anymore, finally.

For the first time in what feels like my entire life, I feel like I could be happy, really truly.

I've even realized that this club ending, (whenever that happens) would not be the end of the world to me.

As hard as I worked from the very beginning of it, when it does end that's okay.

I feel like its an amazing thing I've accomplished in my life, but I don't feel like its my only accomplishment anymore.

I've reached a new mentality.

To be totally transparent with you, I was only able to leave Wattpadd completely for about two months, January and February.

I did delete my old wattpadd account in January, since I had the contact info of my closest friends so we could talk outside of Wattpad.

But at the end of February, there was a situation that occurred concerning my best friend/unbiological sister Savannah.

She ended up having to delete the only app besides Wattpad we could talk on, and the two of us were very upset about the idea of not talking since I had left the site.

She asked me if I could just use wattpad sometimes so we could talk.

There was no way I was going to stop talking to my best friend, so I created a Wattpad account on february 28th solely for talking to her.

 By the end of April I felt mentally well enough to follow SGC with my account.

In early May, I put a book with positivity quotes up, and did a few other things to inspire people with my account.

Because I wanted to test the waters, and see if I could use my account to positively influence people without directly helping people and overwhelming myself again, and it taking over my life like it used to.

I was using the account anonymously (except for when talking to Savannah of course. )

Because, I didn't want anyone to know who I was until I made a decision whether or not to return.