Be your own cheerleader ~ Carla

The hardest thing to do is cheer yourself up when you are low. It's terrible having to wipe your own years .. and worse to have to pick yourself up and laugh when things go down.

In August 2016 I experienced something similar. For two months I cried and fed myself on chocolate. Cried and slept again. Until October. I was distraught and unable to talk to anyone or do anything. I acted like the person closest to me had died. Turns out it was the worst thing to do.

Till date I wonder what would have happened had I not cried and put my socks up. The answer to that is left to an alternate world. I will never know it.

When down and low it's hard getting up and doing what you have to do. But we got to do it. because persuing success isn't possible if achieving failure is out of the question. The only time I recovered is when I surrounded myself with people who were like me those who fell like me and had to work like me.

Whenever I went out I faced discussion. Judgement. those looks people gave me when I told them. It was hard having to put up a brave face and smile when you wanted to cry. Aunties uncles friends. Well-wishers and enemies. All had reactions I didn't want to face

I had to pick my socks and buck up.

You figure how strong you are when being strong is all you can be.

The first thing is to jot down a list of what you need to do. Make a list have an aim and follow it! Start something new that will make you happy. Get a new goal! A new dream. It's possible.

Next thing is the hardest! Forget about disappointments. The past is gone and nobody can change it all you have is now.

Cry it out! It isn't fun but when there's no more tears to cry the brain begins to work

Do something you like.

You have something to do but it can wait. First do something you like. Read a book and eat your favourite food. Watch a movie you like go shopping .. just do all that makes you happy.

When you are happy go work at your task you will find you are better and better at it!

You need to accept the small improvements the little stars the little numbers the slight rise. And appreciate them all! Thank God for them all and work towards it. Discover your passion your reason for doing it! Feed on the feeling of failure and work hard

Find somebody to compete with preferably somebody in the same situation. If you can't you can choose the better option. Look in the mirror and compete with the person there.

Focus on being a better you every day every second.

Be happy your enemies will struggle to find out what made you happy. Cheer yourself and give yourself some rewards for small things.

It's hard. But the worst thing to do is to depend on somebody else. Even your parents. They can't put themselves in your situation and say the right thing everytime. The only person who knows what to say everytime is

You.

And you gotta do it! You have to keep your eyes focused on your goal and keep on moving ahead.

When feelings of dread come remember when you get what you want nobody is going to remember what you lost.

Be honest to yourself and everybody around you. It's better to be remembered for championing a struggle then to be known as a puppet doing "what needs to be done"

You are a star! You gotta find the thing that makes you shine! Wake up to the challenge and remember your glitter.

Now success has many friends and failure has many .. friends going away. Bright side of this ?

It helps you know who the real people and real supporters are. So when you fall you lose supporters. It's very very hard to cheer yourself up every time you fall to slowly and painstakingly lift yourself up from every pothole and every downfall you face cause you are going to face plenty of them if you are going to succeed.

And your "friends" will reduce. But they won't actually reduce.
In reality the people who stayed were all that you really had and they will always be all that will matter. And among all these people YOU matter the most.
You need to wake up every day and encourage yourself and take every positive into account.

It's your own job. Others can only help. The final authority and decision is yours. Only yours.

Go for it
All the best