Letting Go - Annie

Letting go is hard. So is everything else in life. That doesn't automatically mean we shouldn't try to let go. If anything, we should try harder.

Do you remember something that someone did to you a long time ago? Like, lying or excluding you? It could be something even simpler, like your sibling breaking a toy. Think of that memory for a second.

Why do you remember it so well?

Because you can't let go of it. It's always there, weighing you down. You can't forget about it for some reason.

You'll never be happy if you don't let go. Everything will build up and things could get harder and harder. Letting go frees yourself from these things or thoughts haunting you. It's okay to say goodbye to that.

Do you know what helps?

Writing a letter, sending a text, or actually talking to that person helps you come to terms with what happened.

If you're an introvert like me who avoids confrontation, writing a letter is a good option. You don't have to send it to that person. Same thing with the text. The person you wrote to doesn't ever have to see what you wrote. It's good for yourself to let go.

Talking to the person could also help. It gives both of you the chance to explain your side of the story. If you don't know why something happened, this could be your opportunity for closure. But if it's too hard for you to have a conversation with that person, you don't have to.

It's hard to let go of grudges. Your heart will feel lighter if you let go, and you'll feel at peace. You'll feel happier.

What are you waiting for? Don't you want to get closure? Don't you want the chance to explain things from your perspective?

Believe me, I know it's scary to do. I put off writing a letter for more than a month. But before that, a year had gone by since everything had happened. I needed time to process everything. I didn't want to write the letter because I didn't know if I was ready to accept everything.

But I did it, and so can you. I have faith in you that you'll do what's best for yourself by letting go of the past. You'll never be able to focus on the present and future if you don't let go of your past. Your past has shaped you into who you are today, and that's important. It doesn't mean that you can't let go.

Why should I let go if they hurt me?

You'll never be able to move forward in life if you don't accept what happened in the past. What happened might have hurt, but you're strong. You deserve to feel happiness you didn't feel because of that person. You deserve better than a person who hurt you.

If you let go, then you won't feel mad at that person anymore. I know you should be angry at them because they deserve it, but you can't be mad forever. Eventually, you'll have to move on. And sooner is better than later. You can make a change in your life right now. Do you want to take it?

I hope this helps you! I just want you to be happy, and with this free time because of quarantine, why not try something new?

Stay strong. I love all of you ❤️ Have a great day!

-Annie ❤️