Hope - Annie

Hi everyone! How are you? I hope you're doing well <3 

Today I'll be talking, actually writing, about hope. I think it's safe to say that it's hard to have hope, especially during times like these. Don't let your uncertainty haunt you! Keep hoping!

By it's dictionary definition from Oxford, hope is "grounds for believing that something good may happen."

In other words, hope is having a mindset that tells you that things will get better. I know it's hard to believe, but it's true!

Even if you're at your lowest point and have no motivation, there is a reason to keep going. You know what it is? Hope. Have hope for the future that you'll be happy. Because you deserve to live your best life, I just know it.

You are a fierce, strong warrior who deserves to have hope for your future. You are a bright, shining, shooting star in our lives and we couldn't shine without you.

Do you know how I know this is all true?

It was in July of last year when I was at summer camp that everything came crashing down. My friends stopped talking to me and I was all alone. No one would listen to me and I felt invisible. I felt useless, like I couldn't believe I could do anything right. And I began to believe I didn't matter or deserve to be alive and breathing. Looking back now, it's ridiculous that I thought those things were true.

I know that I matter. There are people in my life who need me, which I realize now. I didn't see it back then, but I was blind. My eyes were blinded from the people right in front of me, who were there for me all along. They told me they didn't want me to go. They couldn't imagine life without me. 

I am positive that that is true for all of you too! Think about your family, your friends. They wouldn't be able to live without you present in their lives.

And how does hope tie into this all? (I know, I got a bit sidetracked lol.)

Well, the most important source of your happiness is dwelling on the positives, and not the negatives. Having hope that things will be okay is also really important. No, I don't mean thinking that about every little problem in your life or anything like that. I mean, have hope for the picture, which is your future. 

Without hope, it seems like there's no point of anything in life, when there really is. When you're focusing on the negatives instead of the positives, it's so easy to get wrapped up in fixing your flaws, instead of accepting them as a special part of you. 

It sounds easy to "hope for the best", but it takes practice. Sometimes, it seems unnecessarily optimistic, but it's best to make the most of the situation you're in. After all, isn't it better to be hopeful and happy than making yourself sad? Personally, having been in that situation, I can guarantee it is better to be happy.

To sum all of this up, having hope makes your life better! Although it's hard to have hope, it's definitely worth it in the long run to have a better future, which you deserve. I genuinely believe that things will get better for you in time. Changes won't happen overnight, but hope takes practice to get used to. I know you can do it, though.

Anyway, I hope this helped you! Stay strong and have an amazing day! I love you all! ❤️❤️❤️

-Annie ❤️