second best || Lexie

Hi everyone, I'm Lexie. And this is the first time for me to post on the Strong girls Club so bear with me!

From the time I was a little girl.. I've questioned my worth. Because it always felt like I someone's second best.

Did I deserve this?

What if I messed up too much?

Why am I such a failure?

I could go on and on about the doubts that ran through my mind and at times, it was the most difficult thing to live with

Especially after my parents split. That felt like my whole world crumbled beneath me, I kid you not.

Everything hurt. Seeing little girls with their daddy's holding on tight

Being around my cousins who had a whole family and nothing was tearing them apart.

It was a constant reminder that I wasn't enough. Maybe if I hadn't done that one thing, my dad wouldn't have left.

It wasn't true, but I felt like it was at the time.

And this continues on into my friendships and relationships.

"Why did he choose her?"

"Why can't I be like her?"

Lovelies, I've came to tell you today that even though those doubts run through our minds 24/7 there's a better way.

How I came to feeling better about myself is that I found out there's someone.. That will always, always choose me.

And that's Jesus.

Everytime. When I'm broken? He chose me. When I'm a failure? He chose me.

Because his love, isn't like human love. It's vast.. It's unfailing.

I'm sorry if that boy didn't love you like he should have.. That doesn't make you ANY less than.

~you're still loved.
~you're still worthy
~you're still forgiven.

I remember my first REAL heartbreak.. Whew. That one left me feeling like a unworthy mess.

Because I didn't see my worth BEFORE I got in a relationship.

Honey, if you don't see who you are, you're beautiful mess right now... Getting into a relationship isn't going to make that disappear. It's going to make it MAGNIFY!

A boy is never going to satisfy the longing you have for Jesus. He's never going to fill that hole. And neither are your friends.

I'm going to be honest, it's been a hard year. I've been broken over and over but also been built back up by God in a way I never thought possible.

I've seen God continually give, and then, at times take away. It hasn't been easy but it has been worth it.

Here's what I want to say to all of you today; especially teenage girls:

The love that Jesus lavishes on us is worth more than the love that you wish for from that boy. I know he's handsome, and he's got the most gorgeous eyes.

Darling, you don't know his life. You don't know his inner thoughts. So please, do not try to rush a lifetime. Slow down and savor this season of singleness! It only comes once in our lifetime and we must be mindful of it.

And if he doesn't value you, and the worth of your love..

L E A V E.

If your friends don't value you your time and effort

L E A V E

I've been in both situations when I just kept trying and trying to get them to see my worth.. This isn't how it should be.. Yet it was.

One day.. Jesus said to me

"I see it. I see how hard you try. I see you picking up your broken pieces when only I was supposed to.
Daughter, it's time. To let go."

The first 6 months of letting go of everything that hurt me were so so difficult, but worth it.

Today.. I still struggle with letting go of toxic friendships, relationships, and forgiving undeserving people.

But... My journey is not yet over and neither is yours.

Our healing is coming.

We're goingt to make it lovelies <3

So leave what Jesus is calling you to at the cross where it belongs!

~lexie
{Leader_A}