Losing a Bestie | Ashley (Part 1)

A best friend is someone who is very important in our lives. And losing a best friend is one of the worst things one would go through. It's sometimes more difficult and more sad than a breakup. Losing a best friend is like losing a brother/sister, parent, friend. Everything.

Knowing that the person who once used to know every single thing happening in your day, ranging from when you wake up to when you sleep, your emotions, your thinking way, your dressing sense, your music taste, your likes, dislikes, everything, is now a person who has no idea about your life, is something terrible.

There can be many reasons for losing a best friend. One, it's your fault, two it's your friends fault, three, it's no one's fault, you just drifted apart.

Let's talk about when it's no one's fault.

Sometimes it happens that a friend who is busy doesn't talk to you much, and then your talks become shorter, and tests become rare, and gradually they vanish. You know that you're losing a friend, but you don't do anything about it because you feel like that's what the friend wants.

But it might not be the case. Sometimes, the friend might be in some situation where they need to be left alone, to think about it, or maybe the friend is too busy. In such case, try to talk to them and ask them if they know they are not talking with you, and that you feel like you two are driving apart. If they say, that they don't know it, then tell them that you two didn't talk much, and maybe, your friend would realise.

But if that doesn't happen, then maybe you realise that you're friend is no longer your friend.

In such cases, you can try these:

1. Find new activities. Avoid the ones you used to do with your best friend, as such activities would bring the memories, and would make you hurt.

2. Occupy yourself in improving some skill. Socialising? Reading? Tennis? It could be anything.

3. Try watching some new genres of movies, the ones you don't watch much. Thus, you'd find something that would make you feel different.

4. Try making new friends. Sometimes, some people really want to be your friend. Find such people by talking with the students in your class, etc.

Lastly, I would also like to remind that, when you lose a best friend, its not always for bad. Sometimes, the friend can be toxic for you, and even if you feel sad at first, later you might even be thankful about whatever happened.

If you want me to talk about anything else, feel free to tell me in the comments, I always check them!

Have a great day/night!

- _Ashiee_