Never Ever Give Up~Nelli

Hi, this is my first post and I know this might be one of the most common topics, about pursuing your dreams. I was thinking long and hard about what to write about especially since there are so many topics and things we all deal with. But I decided to write about a persons dreams because to me, that is very important. Before I start I wanted to let everyone know that you guys are NOT alone, even when it feels like it. You are not, it might just take a while for you to see it or actually find them. Just keep your head held high and you will.

So, for dreams; they suck. I'm kidding, to me they give you a reason to live, something to look forward to; I guess it just sucks when you don't know if you'll make it or not. For me, I always wanted to do something in creative arts but I never really felt like I had the opportunity to try taking classes and improving my skills. when it comes to writing, I love it to but it also feel impossible to find a way to sell my story and for it to be successful. All I do is think about logical things, and I wished that the logical side of me would overcome the creative side.

I know how much it hurts to love something that you could just imagine doing for the rest of your life, I've had my dream since I was 3 years old. I just realized I never said what was my dream, I guess it because I'm still worried about letting the world know because if I do, it becomes real. I want to be a singer. I remember when I was little and on the swing, I started to sing and all the other kids stared at me, I loved that. Now that I think about it, they might have not been entranced by the song but to me that doesn't matter because it was when I realized it was my dream.

I know what most of you are probably thinking, if I knew I wanted this since I was young, why didn't I do anything about it. The answer is simple, I didn't think about it. I was a naive girl, might still be, and I still believe it might happen. I always believed it would happen when it was suppose to but as I got older it felt like I was losing that battle. I always wanted to make sure my family was better taken care of then for me to follow my dreams. My family means the world to me, so pushing my dreams aside and doing something more practical has become my goal.

This might sound depressing but this is where it gets better because their is always a silver lining to things. Part of me has tried to push away my dream but the other part of me embraces it. It might hurt me when I look at myself and feel as if it might never happen, but the other part knows that it is worth the fight even if I fail. Even if I fail, the journey would be worth it. I know that much.

"It's hard to wait around for something you know might never happen; but its harder to give up when you know its everything you want"- Unkown

I loved that quote because its true. To me, even if I am 50 years old, I'm not about to give up on my dream especially if it still live sin my heart. None of you should either. There is so much in life that is worth living for, there are so many thing also worth fighting for, we just have to give it change. We got this.

One of my favorite songs- It isn't in my blood by Shawn Mendez (I know most will say its about anxiety but I believe you interpret things any way you want and for me, this song is about not giving up. )

Byeee everyone. I apologize if this wasn't a very good post. I'll try better next time. Thanks for reading. <3

~N