👑 The future is female ~ The founder

Happy International Women's day, SGC!

Today also happens to be my birthday!

I couldn't be happier to have been born on a day all about female empowerment.

That must be a reason why I am so devoted to the cause.

In this post, I want to highlight a few awesome things about us females and how we can continue improving.

#Girlssupportinggirls

1. We are strong

Some of the things we have to deal with this in this world are insane.

Sexual abuse and assault can happen to anyone, but sadly it is more common for it to happen to girls.

And it is the same thing with sexual harassment and domestic violence.

Being more prone to such things is scary and going through them can make a person feel weak and like they aren't strong enough to stand up for themself.

But that couldn't be further from the truth.

The truth is you ARE strong even if you don't believe it.

Us girls are strong for so many things.

We have to deal with things like periods and childbearing yet we still live in a world where many countries oppress, discriminate, and mistreat women.

Without the female population, there would be no human population because humanity can't continue without us.

2. We are resilient

Just 100 years ago in America, women were given the right to vote.

Women all over the world had to fight for the right to divorce their husbands, own property, run for political positions, control their income, and even go to school.

We've been battling sexism, misogyny, chauvinism,  and injustice for years and we've been winning.

We deserve to be respected and treated as equals on every continent and in every country, and I hope we will all keep fighting until that is a reality.

3. We are smart

I wonder if the sexists of the world know that women are to thank for things like the creation of chemotherapy (Jane Cooke Wright) and Pyrimethamine, a treatment for malaria (Gertrude B. Elion.)

How about the discovery of nuclear fission by Lisa Meitner and the discovery of the cause of AIDS also by Gertrude Elion?

Not to mention all of these inventions:

Home security system (Marie Van Bittan Brown)

The computer algorithm (Ada Lovelace)

Ada Lovelace was the world's first computer programmer. We can thank her for Wattpad, all of our apps, and websites we use each day.

The dishwasher
(Josephine Cochrane)

Wireless transmissions technology
(Hedy Lamarr)

Since a female is to thank for the precursor to WIFI, I think we should ban sexists from using it.

Monopoly (Elizabeth Magie)

The game was invented by a woman, but a man took the credit.  Magie came up with the first version, patenting it in 1903, and 30 years later, Charles Darrow would take Magie's idea, tweaking it to be more similar to the game we know today. He sold it to Parker Brothers in 1935.

Central heating
(Alice Parker)

Kevlar, the material used to create bulletproof vests (Stephanie Kwolek)

Ice cream maker
(Nancy Johnson)

The Life Raft (Maria Beasley)

The paper bag:

(Margaret Knight)

In 1871, Margaret Knight gained the patent to the machine that produces paper bags after a long legal battle with a fellow machinist, Charles Anan who tried to steal her work claiming that "such a brilliant invention couldn't be invented by a girl."

He has been forgotten by history. ;)

I could go on and on about females that envisioned this future we live in now. There are so many females that have discovered, created, developed, and invented groundbreaking technology, medicines, machines, and more.

It's ludicrous that there are still sexist countries not allowing girls to educate themselves.

It is up to us to keep fighting against people like that and to keep proving just how smart, innovative, and inventive we girls are.

4. We are equal

"Anything you can I can do bleeding," is a favorite feminist quote of mine.
While I don't promote misandry, I know and have come across many men that believe there are certain things women shouldn't or can't do just because of our gender when in fact, many women are doing things better than men.

👑  In the U.S., women represent 47% of the workforce and in 40% of families, women are the primary or sole breadwinner.

👑 Companies in the top quartile for gender diversity are 15% more likely to outperform competition.

👑 Women earn more bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees in the U.S. than men.

👑 It has been reported that women control 70% of household spending, or $12 trillion, in developed countries around the world.

👑 Growth in women-owned businesses has outpaced the overall increase in new businesses by 1.5 times.

Seems to me like these sexists need to do some fact-checking.

Remember girls, never let anyone make you feel inadequate because of your gender. You can do ANYTHING you want to do, and no one has the right to make you feel inferior.

You don't need to act a "certain way" because you are a girl.

You don't need to conform to any society imposed standards or sexist imposed standards.

Just be you're best you and if people don't like it that isn't your problem.

We are the dream come true of the female heroines of the past and need to make their sacrifices worthwhile.

Let's keep inventing, creating, discovering, learning, earning, and growing, girls.

The patriarchy is the past.

And the future is female.