You're okay | or maybe you're not.

Hey everyone, It's lexie here.. bringing you a super honest post once again! Who's ready?

Alright.. Let's do this.

I am not open about my feelings normally, or depression for that matter. I could be carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders and I would have you all thinking my day was rainbows and sunshine.

But let's be honest, shall we?

Not everyone has good days.

Not everyone smiles all the time.

And recently, my days have been filled with dark. I haven't known how to survive at times.

The depression is killing me.

But today, as I was scrolling Facebook I came across this quote. And I guess it sort of gave me some hope that one day.. I'll be okay. I'll get out of this pit I'm in and rise above the ashes.

I don't really know how to say this

I don't really know how to say this.. But a couple days ago I was the lowest I've ever been in life. I couldn't get out of the funk of depression for the life of me.

So, here I am to tell you all how to cope with what you're feeling!

I'm in no way a professional but this is what helped me the most through the dark and deafening days:

Listen to music that uplifts you.

If NF puts you in a foul mood and you feel even more depressed, DO NOT listen to it. Personally, NF'S music has been healing to my soul at times. Find a genre and artist that you feel understands you and what you're going through.

Be kind even when you feel bitter.

When I'm having a bad day it's easy for me to struggle with kindness when everything feels off. You know when you're whole world feels numb and you don't know how to fix it? Don't take it out on people no matter what you're feeling.

It could cause emotional scarring for those you love most and I for one would not want to be the cause of someone else's heartbreak.

Encourage yourself.

even when the world feels like it's falling apart, still tell yourself

"One day, I'll be okay."

It helps tremendously!

Trust others.

Whew, I almost didn't put this in here..

To be completely honest with you..

My trust is jaded. After being in multiple toxic friendships it started to continue to go downhill. I trust my friends, but to a certain extent. I'm trying to get out of that and be able to trust more easily and not make people break down my wall.. But that has turned out to be extremely hard.