~ You are good enough ~

You are good enough. That phrase never really stuck with me.

I always wanted to be that person who was good enough, who was perfect.

Perfect Grades

Perfect Life

Perfect Friends

Perfect Family

But life wasn't that easy. I am labelled as the smart kid. The one with all the friends. The "social" person.

I wish.

I felt so pressured to be perfect. 

I needed to get A's

I needed to fit it

I needed to be perfect

When in real life. I wasn't. I didn't get perfect grades. I struggled with friends. I was everything but social.

And I judged myself because of this. I thought that I wasn't good enough.

Today's society is one of the worst. How you look, act and what you say is judged. If you're not perfect. Nobody wants you.

If other people don't like me, what's the point.

Then I realised.

The point is for you to like yourself.

To believe in yourself

~~~

I found this quote online a while back.

"You have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn't worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens." - Louise L. Hay

This made me think. I've been so preoccupied about how others see me. I don't realise that I never think of myself. I never think about what I want. It's always about what you want. 

Because if you look at yourself through your own eyes. You'll see someone who you're proud of.  Someone who is good enough. 

It's not about those strangers on the street.

That teacher who hates you.

That one friend

It's all about you

But you are worth it. You are worth the mistakes, the failure, the constant wandering away from what you know is right to what you know is wrong. I know that there is at least one person out there who always understands you, knows you, and still accepts you for everything that you tear yourself down for. Keep your head up.

I know what it feels like to get rejected or out-casted; exposed and denounced. I understand the heartbreak you feel when you're pouring everything you have into the ones you love, but you feel unappreciated. I know what it's like to wear yourself down to the brink of a breakdown for the ones you love. You are compassionate. You are kind. You are encouraging. You are important. You are enough.

You are enough for the people that you pour into and you're enough for those you don't. You are enough for your friends, your family, your teachers, and your peers. You don't have to push yourself to the limit in order to feel like you've proved yourself. You are worth more than the hurtful words that get aimed towards you. You are worth more than the gossip exchanged behind your back. And let me just remind you, no one's words are important enough to becoming defining factors of who you are. You alone is plenty enough for at least one person, and this one person is yourself.

You are loved. You are deserving. You are worthy. You are enough. Your identity is not found in your mistakes, but they are unraveled and made new in everything around you. Find peace in knowing that when you think your actions aren't sufficient, you are looked at as perfect by yourself.

Because you are enough