Life Can Be Heavy ~ Kiara

I feel like sometimes life can feel really heavy.

You know the feeling? When you wake up early and check the time, then roll over and pull up the covers because you'd just rather sleep, because it's easier than getting out of bed and actually facing the day.

And when you do finally get up (usually because your mum is nagging you), you don't feel in any way motivated to do anything.

You don't want to cook breakfast. You don't even want a bowl of cereal!
Getting dressed seems like a strenuous task, so you just stay in your pyjamas all day.
You might have instrumental practice to do - if you're that kind of person. But you can't be bothered.

And when you stare into the mirror your face stares back at you: tired, uninterested and uninspired.

I've felt like that a lot lately.
I find the way to help is to actually do something. Use every ounce of willpower you possess to force yourself to do a task, or just anything fun.
I was in a slump one weekend, and I did something I'm surprised that I managed. I called my best friend and told her I wasn't feeling very happy and asked if I could come over and help her pack for her trip she was about to go on. It made me feel 100% better.

So if you are feeling depressed, just try to do little things. Maybe going out and talking to people - even your best friends - isn't quite going to happen. That's okay. Try going on a walk instead. If you can; go somewhere quiet where you won't have to interact with people. I know this is hard for those of you who live in busy cities and suburbs, but if you can find a quiet place to wander it can be really beneficial.
Try maybe cleaning something like perhaps your desk. So your whole room might be a bit ambitious, but hey: you've achieved something. Well done you!

~~~~~~~~

Life is heavy at times, and sometimes it can feel almost too much to bear. In our own ways however, we can make our load a little lighter.

Good luck everyone. I hope you will all feel like your life's a little lighter soon.

Kiara ❤❤❤