Chapter One Hundred and Forty Three

The Next Morning

At Jason and Sam's Penthouse

In Spoby's Bedroom

Toby laid in bed awake, he was just watching his girls sleep, it brought him comfort, especially after last night, he was just glad that they were all together, and they were all safe.

A few minutes later, Spencer finally started to wake up, she smiled softly at him. "Good morning beautiful." Toby said smiling softly at her before kissing her forehead. "Good morning handsome, how long have you been awake?" Spencer asked him as she tried to rub the sleep out of her eyes. "Maybe a little over an hour." Toby said and she nodded. "Did you sleep okay?" He asked her. "Yeah I did, did you?" She asked him. "Yeah I did." He said. "Good, and I can see that our little princess is still sleeping." Spencer said smiling softly before kissing Marion's forehead gently.

"Yeah she is, and while she's still sleeping, I wanted to talk to you." Toby said and she looked at him as she started to sit up. "About what?" She asked him curiously. "I think you know, I just wanted to make sure that you are okay." Toby said. "Yeah, I'm okay, just like I said I was last night." Spencer told him. "Spence, you know that you don't need to hide it from me." Toby said softly, she nodded. "Yeah, I know." She sighed softly. "Okay, I'm just still a little shaken up, that's all." She told him. "Spence, that's understandable, I mean I know that it must've brought back bad memories for you, and you know that I would never judge you for that, I get it." Toby said.

"Of course I know that, and yeah it did, but that's not the only thing that's bothering me." Spencer said. "What else is bothering you?" Toby asked her softly. "The fact that… y-you could've been shot last night, protecting us. And I can't stop thinking about it." Spencer said before looking down, Toby reached out and grabbed her hand gently and gave it a comforting squeeze. "Spence, I can understand that, but I didn't. I'm okay, we're okay, everyone's okay." He said trying to reassure her, she looked up at him before nodding. "I know, I know. And I couldn't be more grateful for that, because I can't live without you Tobes." She said as she tried not to cry, Toby stroked her cheek gently. "You don't have to worry about that because you're stuck with me, okay?" He said and Spencer nodded. "I love you so much." She said smiling softly at him. "Hey, I wanted to say that first." Toby said before leaning in to kiss her and she kissed him back, thankful that they were okay.

At Sonny and Carly's House

"How're you two doing this morning?" Carly asked Emily and Joss who were both sitting on the couch with her. "We're okay Mom." Emily said and Josslyn nodded in agreement. "Yeah, we're totally fine." She said softly, but of course Carly was still concerned about her daughter's.

"Are you sure that you're both okay?" Carly asked them. "Mom, seriously we're fine, I mean it's not like it was the first time I've been shot at." Emily said and Carly looked down and sighed softly. "No, but… I'm just glad that you both weren't hurt." She said as she looked back up at them. "Yeah I agree, I'm glad that you two are safe." Morgan said as he walked downstairs to join them. "Thanks Morgan, we're glad to be okay too." Emily said as she smiled softly at her brother. "I'm glad that Toby was there." Morgan said as he sat next to Emily on the couch. "Yeah, me too, and that Detective Chase showed up when he did." Carly said,and at that moment, Sonny walked into the living room. "Hey, where have you been?" Carly asked as she got up and walked over to him, he kissed her lips softly. "I was at the PCPD, of course Anna had some questions for me about the shootout at the warehouse last night." Sonny explained.

"Okay that's understandable, and I'm sure that you handled it." Carly said. "Yeah I answered her questions as much as I could, as much as I knew." Sonny said before looking over at Joss and Emily. "How're you two doing?" He asked them. "As we just told Mom, we're fine." Emily said smiling softly at her dad. "Yeah, totally fine." Josslyn said. "Okay, good. Look I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to get more guards put outside the house, you know that you're all safe here." Sonny told them, and Carly held onto his arm comfortingly. "We know that, of course we know that Dad." Emily said. "Yeah, we know that you wouldn't let anything happen to us Sonny." Joss said.