Chapter Seventy One

A Week Later

At Spoby's House

Spencer was sitting on the couch in the living room on her laptop running a background check for a new client when she heard the door open and Maggie jumped off the couch excitedly and ran to Toby who had just walked in and started barking happily and Toby immediately knelt down to pet her.

“Hi Maggs, Yes I missed you too.” Toby said laughing as Maggie wagged her tail happily, then Toby stood up and walked over to the couch and sat next to Spencer and kissed her cheek gently. “Hey you, I missed you.” Spencer said. “I missed you too, both of you.” Toby said smiling as he placed his hand on her stomach.

“So how was work?” Spencer asked curiously.

“It was good, I'm just glad that I was able to leave a little early so that I could see you before you left to meet Aria at the Metro Court.” Toby said. “Yeah me too.” Spencer said smiling. “Do you need to finish your background check or can it wait until later?” Toby asked smirking and Spencer laughed. “It can definitely wait until later, come here handsome.” Spencer said smiling at him as she shut her laptop and then she wrapped her arms around him and kisses him passionately and Toby immediately kisses her back until they had to pull away for air. “So, how was that for a welcome home kiss?” Spencer asked smirking.
“I'd say that was pretty great.” Toby said smirking back at her and she blushed.

“So when are you meeting Chase at the gym?” Spencer asked changing the subject. “Not until later this afternoon, you going to be okay?” Toby said and Spencer nodded. “Yeah, I'll probably go and stop by Serena's room after I have lunch with Aria since I'll already be at The Metro Court.” Spencer said and Toby nodded. “I know you love having Serena back in town.” He said and Spencer nodded. “Definitely, it's great having her back here where she belongs.” She said. “Okay so since we both still have some time until we have to leave, why don't we just stay right here on this couch and
just relax with each other.” Toby said. “That would be perfect.” Spencer said smiling at him and Toby smiled back before gently kissing her forehead. “Well then that's exactly what we'll do.” Toby said as he changed his position and moved to the end of the couch and laid down and then he opened his arms for Spencer. “Come here.” He said smiling at her and Spencer smiled back and happily crawled into his arms and laid her head on his chest and Toby kissed her forehead and wrapped his arms around her protectively and smiled.

Two Hours Later

At The Metro Court

“Thanks for coming Spencer, I know you've been busy.” Aria said as Spencer sat down across from her. “Of course I came we were in dire need of some Sparia time.” Spencer said and they both laughed. “Yeah I guess so, it's definitely been awhile since the two of us have hung out.” Aria said. “Yeah way too long.” Spencer said. “So I wanted to thank you once again for agreeing to be my Maid of Honor.” Aria said but Spencer shook her head. “Aria seriously that's not necessary I've already told you that I am more than happy to do it and I'm very honored that you chose me.” Spencer said before taking a sip of her water. “Well of course I need you up there with me.” Aria said smiling and Spencer smiled back. “Well I'm happy to do it, so are you ready to get married in two days?” Spencer asked and Aria nodded. “Yup I'm really excited, it's going to be a great day.” She said happily. “Yes it is, you're going to be a beautiful bride, and then you'll be with me in the wives club.” Spencer said and they both laughed. “Yeah I'd say that that's definitely a plus.” Aria said. “I couldn't be happier for you and Holden.” Spencer said. “Thanks Spencer that means a lot. So, changing the subject a little, how's your little one doing?” Aria asked. “Perfect right now.” Spencer said smiling.

“That's great, you're finding out the gender at your next appointment right?” Aria asked and Spencer nodded. “Yeah the day after Thanksgiving when I'm officially five months along.” She said happily. “I bet you're really excited, I'm guessing Toby is still insisting it's a girl?” Aria asked and Spencer nodded. “Oh yeah he's still insisting it's a girl.” She said laughing. “What do you think?” Aria asked. “To be honest I'm just waiting at this point, I mean I'd be happy either way but I've always pictured us having a girl first.” Spencer said and Aria nodded. “Well you don't have to wait for too much longer.” Aria said. “Yeah, I guess we'll just see what happens.” Spencer said smiling.