Chapter One Hundred and Sixty Six🎉🎊

The dresses⬇️

A Week Later

At Jason and Sam's Penthouse

"Okay, I'm probably going to regret asking this, but what do you want to do tonight?" Jason asked Sam curiously. "Well, I was thinking that we could do what we did last year, get dressed up and make an appearance at the party at The Metro Court, and then we can come back here since we have the place to ourselves, ring in the new year privately, together." Sam said as she whispered in his ear and smirked softly at him. "Well I would say that sounds like a good plan, but can you at least promise me that this time we will leave the party before the countdown? So we can do exactly what you said, ring in 2021 in private, together." Jason said and Sam nodded. "I promise." She said.

"Good, you know I'm only doing this for you because you know I'm not a going out to patties type of guy." Jason said and Sam laughed. "Oh I know, but you show up when it counts, and plus you know that I think that you look really great in a suit and tie." She said, smirking at him. "I know, and just so we're clear, you look gorgeous in anything." Jason whispered in her ear before leaning in to kiss her lips softly and she wrapped her arms around him and kissed him back, until they had to break apart for air. "Okay, we should probably go get ready." Sam said. "Yeah, you're probably right." Jason said and then they headed upstairs to their bedroom.

At Spoby's House

In Their Bedroom

"You look gorgeous Spence." Toby said as he smiled at her and she smiled back at her. "And you look absolutely handsome in that suit and tie." She said as she smirked at him. "Thanks babe, you know that I only wear ties for you." Toby said and Spencer laughed softly. "Yes I do. And I appreciate it." She said. "You're welcome." Toby said. "Well, we made it. The end of 2020 is here and we're almost to 2021. I mean this has been a pretty great year for us, mostly." Spencer said. "Yeah, and to top it all off, you got your aunt back." Toby said and Spencer nodded. "Yeah, that was definitely a highlight of this year, and Marion's First Birthday of course." She said. "Yeah, oh my gosh, can you believe that she'll be two before we know it?" Toby said and Spencer shook her head. "Nope. I refuse to accept that." She said and he laughed. "Hey, I was going to say that first." He said and Spencer then laughed, but he could tell that she seemed to be thinking about something else.

"You okay?" He asked her with concern and she nodded. "Yeah, yeah. I just… I don't know… I want this year to be pretty perfect too, but I don't know I feel like I'm going to be waiting for the other shoe to drop or something, I mean, Jerry's still out there somewhere…" Spencer said before looking down at the floor and Toby gently cupped her face in his hands and lifted her head up so that she was looking into his eyes again. "Hey, everything is going to be okay, I promise. I don't want you worrying about Jerry or anything else tonight, tonight we focus on welcoming the new year together and with our friends and family. Okay?" Toby said and Spencer nodded. "Yeah, okay." She said, giving him a small smile. "That's my girl." Toby said smiling softly at her. "So, we'll drop off Marion and Maggs at my grandmother's, which is great because that's where Danny, Emily Scout and Phoenix are tonight, then we'll enjoy the party at The Metro Court, and then we'll have our private time." Spencer said and Toby nodded. "That's the plan. And I personally can't wait for later after midnight because I'll have you all to myself in our bed." Toby said as he smirked at her. "I'm looking forward to it too, now I know that we have to get ready and gather up Marion's things and get ready to drop her and Maggs off at my grandmother's, but first… there's just something I need to take care of, something really important." She whispered to him softly. "Oh yeah?" He whispered back to her, trying to hide the smirk on his face because he figured where she was going with this. "Yeah." She breathed in his ear before kissing him passionately and he smiled into the kiss and kissed her back as he wrapped his arms around her and she wrapped hers around him as they kept kissing.