Chapter Sixty Two

A Few Days Later

At Spoby's House

“Are you sure you're going to be okay?” Toby asked with concern I'm his voice and Spencer reluctantly nodded. “Yeah I'll be fine.” She said but Toby wasn't completely convinced. “Spence.” He said gently. “What? I said I'll be fine, we'll be fine Tobes really.” Spencer said as she out her hand on her stomach and she gave him a small smile trying to reassure him.

“I don't have to go back to work today.” Toby said but Spencer shook her head.

“Yes you do. You need to go back to work today because you already have been gone for awhile and your boss probably wouldn't appreciate you waiting an extra day.” Spencer said. “Okay that's ridiculous, these aren't normal circumstances Spence, I was kidnapped and held hostage for six weeks and I think my boss understands that I needed some time with my wife, and I don't think he'd mind if I stayed one extra day for you.” He said but Spencer shook her head again. “We'll be fine.” She insisted.

“Would you please stop trying to hide your emotions from me right now? Please.” Toby said and Spencer nodded and let the tears fall down her face. “Okay maybe I'm not ready for you to walk out that door again.” She said and he put his hands on her shoulders comfortingly.

“Spencer that's nothing to be ashamed of, I know you're worried about me and that's completely normal after what happened.” He said and Spencer nodded. “I know.” She said before looking down and Toby cupped her face in his hands and made her look at him. “Spence it's okay.” He said trying to comfort her. “I'm sorry I'm acting so childish right now.” She cried into his chest and he immediately put his finger under her chin to make her look at him. “Spence you have nothing to be sorry for, I was taken from you and held captive for six weeks so you have every right to be worried about letting me out of your sight ever again and I could never be mad at you for that.” He said as he wiped her tears away. “I love that you just want to protect me, and I promise I won't leave okay? I'll stay right here with you and our baby.” He said giving her a small smile
but Spencer shook her head. “No it's okay, you need to go back to work to work babe.” She said but Toby shook his head. “No I'm staying here with you.” He said. “No you're not you need to go to work, and I should probably get back to working with my Mom anyway. It's fine.” Spencer said.

“Spence I really don't want to leave you like this.” Toby said with worry in his voice.
“I told you I'll be alright, I mean you're coming home right?” She asked and he nodded. “Always.” He said before kissing her forehead gently and a tear ran down her cheek and he quickly wiped it away. “Are you sure you're okay with me going back to work right now? Because seriously I can stay here.” Toby said. “You need to go back to be work because we can't keep putting it off, no matter how much I want to.” Spencer said and Toby nodded, knowing she was right. “Okay fine I'll go, but you call me if you need me and I'll come straight home okay?” He said and Spencer nodded.
“We’ll be fine I promise, go to work, Mr. Sexy Carpenter.” Spencer said smirking at him. “I love you okay, so much.” Toby said and Spencer nodded and then Toby gently kissed her stomach and Spencer was trying really hard not to cry again. “I'll be home soon little one I promise, just take care of your Mommy for me okay? Daddy loves you so much.” Toby said and Spencer was doing her best to hold back her tears. “Promise me that you'll walk back through that door.” Spencer said and Toby nodded. “Nothing could stop me.” He said before wrapping his arms around her again and she laid her head on his chest.

“I love you, I love you so much.” Spencer said.

“I love you too baby girl, more than you could ever realize. I'll be fine Spence I promise, and I will be home and right back here with you and our baby before you even have the chance to miss me.” Toby said and Spencer looked up at him and shook her head. “Not possible, because you haven't even left yet and I already miss you.* She said and Toby wiped her new tears away. “I'll be home before you know it.” He said and Spencer nodded. “Please let me know you're okay.” She said and Toby nodded.