Chapter Eighty Seven

A Couple Days Later

At Spoby's House

In Their Bedroom

“Good morning gorgeous.” Toby said before kissing Spencer's forehead and she smiled. “Good morning handsome.” She said happily.

“You get enough sleep?” Toby asked and she nodded. “Yeah I think I did.” She said. “Good, you ready for today?” Toby asked. “Yeah, everything's going to be fine right?” Spencer asked. “Of course, where did that come from?” Toby asked softly. “I don't know, I guess I'm just being paranoid.” Spencer said and Toby squeezed her hand gently. “Everything is fine, you are healthy and our daughter is doing great, there's nothing to worry about.” He said and Spencer nodded. “Yeah I know, thank God I have you to keep me sane.” She said. “Well I'm not going anywhere.” Toby said before kissing her forehead and she smiled. “Okay so we still have some time before we have to leave, you want some breakfast?” Toby asked and Spencer nodded and he smiled. “I thought so, come on.” Toby said gently and then they got out of bed and went downstairs to the kitchen and Toby started to make breakfast.

At The Metro Court

“I'm really glad that you had some free time today so we could catch up, it's been awhile.” Carly said and Sam nodded in agreement. “Yeah I know, I guess our schedules have been a little bit crazy lately but we're here now.” Sam said and Carly nodded. “Yeah you're right, so how are you?” Sam asked curiously. “I'm doing good, things are good.” Carly said. “That's really great.” Sam said. “So how're the kids?” Carly asked. “Danny's great, and can you believe that Scout till be turning two in two weeks?” Sam said. “Wow two years old already? The time has just flown by hasn't it?” Carly said and Sam nodded in agreement. “Yeah you're telling me.” Sam said and they both laughed. “Speaking if our kids, how's Spence?” Carly asked. “She's doing good, thanks for asking. How's Emily? I'm surprised she's not working at the bar today.” Sam said. “Oh she was here, I told her to take the rest of the day off.” Carly said and Sam nodded.”And how's Joss?” Sam asked. “Joss is great, and Avery is just growing up way too fast.” Carly said. “Yeah I know how you feel.” Sam said smiling. “So how's Jason?” Carly asked. “He's good.” Sam said and Carly nodded. “That's good.” She said. “Yeah, I'm really lucky to have him.” Sam said. “Yes you are.” Carly said and they both laughed. “Hey you two.” Sonny said as he walked over to them. “Hey you.” Carly said smiling at him and then Sonny kissed her forehead. “Hi Sonny.” Sam said smiling. “Hi Sam.” Sonny said happily. “What're you doing here?” Not that I'm complaining.” Carly said. “I don't want us to be late.” Sonny said and Carly nodded. “Oh yeah right, sorry Sam there's somewhere that we have to be, I'll call you later.” Carly said standing up. “Yeah sure of course I understand, I hope everything's okay, we'll finish catching up later.” Sam said before standing up to give her a hug and Carly hugged her back and Sam also gave Sonny a hug before the couple left the restaurant leaving Sam thinking to herself.

Fifteen Minutes Later

At GH

‘’It’s ridiculous. It’s so cold in here, it’s always so cold in these rooms!’’ Carly explained as she rubbed her hands together as she sat on the examination table. ‘’Maybe it has to do with what you’re wearing.’’ Sonny said referring to her hospital gown and robe and Carly looked at him. ‘’There’s no clock in here either, you know there’s never a clock in this room it’s like they freeze time you know it’s like the universe and everything just wants to make you stop and wait for you to find out if your whole world is about to change.’’ Carly said and before Sonny could say anything there was a knock on the door. ‘’Come in.’’ Carly said and the door opened and Kim walked into the room. ‘’Hi.’’ She said smiling at them. ‘’Hi.’’ Carly said with a surprised look on her face. ‘’I've been asked to cover your appointment by your OB, I hope that’s okay.’’ Kim said and Carly looked over at Sonny before looking back at Kim. ‘’Kim, you know our situation isn't urgent we can just reschedule.’’ Carly said. ‘’Okay well it’s completely up to you but it doesn’t really seem fair for me to know and you to have to wait for the results.’’ Kim said and Carly looked back over to Sonny. ‘’So you’re saying?’’ Sonny asked. ‘’According to the bloodwork, congratulations you are officially pregnant.’’ Kim said and Carly had a small smile on her face. ‘’Well you appear to be spot on about your conception date, New Year’s Eve makes it a little more than six weeks and the sonogram confirms it.” Kim said. ‘’That’s our baby.’’ Carly said staring at the screen.