•Eighty-seven•

Start from the beginning

"You're heading out already?" I laughed.

"Yeah, Kyle has all this stuff planned, all of which apparently involves alcohol" Shawn chuckled, groaning a little at the sound of it.

"Remember to take it easy, I don't think you've had a proper big night out since your accident" I softly laughed, knowing for well that even three bottles of beer would probably be enough to get Shawn drunk.

"I can't make any such promises" Shawn teased.

I then heard the guys loudly begin to cheer in the background, followed by Shawn's contagious laugh. Smiling at the sound of how happy he seemed I then heard a knock on the bathroom door.

"Come on Eloise! Let's get celebrating!" Heidi shouted from behind the door.

"I'll be out in a second!" I called back before returning to Shawn.

"Hey, I'm gonna have to go. Heidi is insisting we start celebrating" I laughed softly down the phone.

"Okay well have a great time and stay safe. I'll speak to you soon, soon to be Mrs Mendes" Shawn smirked, making my cheeks burn at the thought of being his wife.

"I love you"

"I love you too" I smiled before ending the call and leaving the bathroom to start my wedding celebrations.

Shawn

-x-

8:42pm

We were now at our fourth destination of the day, that being a far too loud and crowded night club for my liking.

I could feel the alcohol swaying in my system and my head almost felt like it was going to explode from the loudness of the music.

Feeling Kyle hit his hand onto my back he then came to the front of me before handing me a shot and then passing out one to each of the guys.

Lifting the shot up to my nose I gave it a sniff before immediately scrunching my nose up at the horrific and sour smell.

Once everyone had their shot in their hand Kyle then counted us down from three before we all then sighed the poison of alcohol down.

As soon as the liquid hit the back of my throat I squirmed at its burning sensation as my whole face contorted together.

"What the fuck is that?" I shouted over the noise, my hands now sticky from some of shot having spilt out of the glass.

"It's a jager bomb" Kyle laughed in between his disgust at the taste.

"I'll get the next round of beers, I just need to go wash my hands first" I slurred, before handing one of the guys my glass.

Stumbling my way through the crowd of dancers and drinkers I finally found the toilets before going in to wash my hands.

Standing infront of the sink I began to run my hands under the cold water as I stared at myself in the mirror. My cheeks were flushed and my pupils were dilated.

In the midst of washing my hands I heard the door the toilets open. Looking in the mirror I saw a girl come stumbling in, obviously just as drunk as me.

Noticing me she then stood still before I turned around to look at her.

"You do realise this is the men's bathroom, right?" I rose my eyebrows.

"Oh sorry" she laughed, unbalanced on her feet as she kept moving slightly side to side.

"I must have read the signs wrong" she said, her cheeks either red from alcohol or embarrassment.

"Don't worry about it, beer goggles do that" I joked, turning off the tap as she laughed shyly in response.

"I know this is weird but would you mind if I just use the toilets in here, I mean I'm bursting" she explained, moving her blonde wavy hair behind her shoulders.

"Oh yeah, ofcourse" I smiled, stumbling over my words a little.

"Do you want me to err- go? Or I could stay just incase some other guy comes in?" I offered, trying to not sound creepy when in actual fact I was just trying to look out for her.

"Sure, thankyou" she smiled at me, her cheeks now becoming a little more flushed before she then went into one of the cubicles, closing the door behind her.

Waiting a few minutes I then heard a flush, followed my the girl walking out of the cubicle.

"Thanks again for waiting in here for me" she smiled before walking over and using the sink beside me.

"No worries, I know how some guys can be somewhat questionable" I replied, making her lightly laugh as she began to wash her hands.

"So what is the bathroom guys name anyway?" She asked, making me a let out a low chuckle.

"His name is Shawn" I smiled.

"What about yours?"

"Maya" she replied, making me nod and smile in reply.

"Well it was nice meeting you Maya, I should probably get back to my friends" I smiled before turning around and beginning to walk to the door.

"Wait-" I heard Maya call, making me stop as I glanced back at her.

"Can I get your number or something?" She shyly asked, instantly making me sigh at I must have given her the wrong impression.

"I'm really sorry if I've given you the wrong impression but-" I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose in frustration and guilt of how I must have come across her.

"I'm engaged and I'm getting married next week. I'm here on my stag do" I explained, making Maya's expression drop in disappointment.

"Honestly, I was just being a nice guy and you're a lovely girl but I have an amazing fianceé who I love way too much to do anything to hurt her" I could feel the alcohol take over as I began to over spill my emotions and flaunt about Elle.

"It's fine Shawn, she sure is one lucky girl" Maya eventually smiled, making a tipsy smile also align across my lips.

"I think I'm the lucky one" I smiled before leaving the room, missing Elle more than ever.

++++++
I've finally managed to get a new chapter out for you all. I'm sorry it took me so long but I have been really busy.

There there will probably be two or three chapters left after this, plus an epilogue. Thankyou for your patience!

Don't forget to let me know what you thought of this chapter!

💕💞