•Seventy-eight•

Shawn
-x-

28th March 2020
6:47am

I was practically watching Liam like a hawk as I sat on the sofa drinking my coffee. He was spread out across the floor with Halsten on his lap, shaking a rattle infront of him.

"He's so cute isn't he?" Liam chuckled, lightly squeezing Halsten's sides before pecking a kiss on his cheek.

"Yeah he is" I smiled before placing my drink down on the coffee table.

Standing up from the sofa I then walked over to where the two of them sat before crouching down.

"Come to daddy, let's go get you all washed up" I beamed, reaching my hands out of Halsten.

As his big ocean eyes focused on my face I give him a wide smile before scooping him into my arms and out of Liam's.

"Right, now I'm off baby duty I'm gonna go to the gym" Liam sighed as we both stood up.

"There's a list of shopping we need on the counter, would you mind getting it on your way back?" I requested before kissing the top of Halsten's head.

"I kinda had plans after the gym" Liam replied making me roll my eyes as I soothed my thumb over Halsten's back.

"We're letting you live here rent free, the least you could do is help out around the house a little" I sarcastically said.

"It's no problem Shawn, you haven't gotta get so on arse about it" Liam lowly chuckled as I scoffed in response before grabbing my other with my spare hand.

"Is there something wrong Shawn?" Liam asked, noticing me scoffing.

"I'm fine" I sighed before walking pass him and making my way upstairs.

Getting upstairs I then went into my bedroom to see Elle sat there blow drying her hair infront of the mirror.

"Why the sour face?" Elle asked turning off the blow-dryer as she turned to face me.

"Liam needs to move out" I gritted my teeth as I sat down on the end of the bed.

"What? Why?" Elle asked in confusion.

"He doesn't help out at all and when he does he's just taking Halsten away from me" I explained, sounding so pathetic but it for some reason annoying me so much.

"He just loves his nephew" Elle smiled, making faces at Halsten as she scrunched up her nose.

"Halsten's not his nephew" I moaned as Elle rolled her eyes at me.

"You're being ridiculous Shawn" Elle sighed, turning away and going back to blow drying her hair.

"I'm not being ridiculous at all! How can you think it's normal having him live here with us? After what he did?" I felt my jaw clench.

"I thought you were over that?" Elle groaned before walking towards me and taking Halsten.

"I've never forgiven him" I argued as Elle gave me an annoyed expression,  cradling Halsten against her chest.

"I just buried my resentment towards him while everything else was going on"

"Resentment?" Elle gasped, almost mockingly.

"Yes resentment, he almost got me fucking killed!" I snapped as Elle widened her eyes at me.

"Real mature, swearing around the baby" she replied, looking beyond pissed at me.

Rolling my eyes I let out a loud sigh before turning around and walking into the bathroom.

"I don't get why you're bringing this up all of a sudden Shawn? It happened like seven months ago and you've been fine with him since then" Elle explained, following me into the bathroom but this time without Halsten.

"Like I said before I was too busy fucking worrying about you" I snapped, sharply turning around as she stood in the doorway.

"If all you're going to do is shout at me then I'm just gonna go out. I'm sick of your mood swings all of a sudden" Elle moaned.

"I'm not mad at you Elle, I'm mad at him!" I shouted, pointing wherever in the room.

"Then talk to him about it because right now all your doing is ruining what is meant to be a happy time for us!" Elle finally snapped before turning on her heel and walking out.

Not saying a word to Elle I stormed into the bedroom before storming downstairs, slamming our bedroom door on the way out.

Eloise
-x-

12:32pm

I had been at my brother's house all morning, introducing his little family to Halsten. Shawn didn't come as he was still in the worst mood and wasn't even talking to me. I don't know what's gotten into him, he's just being so childish right now.

"Do you reckon you and Shawn will have any more?" Elliott asked while Lydia cooed over Halsten as he laid in my arms fast asleep.

"In the way way future" I lightly laughed, gently moving my index finger down Halsten's forehead and his nose.

"How's Shawn coming along to fatherhood? Eden asked, holding onto the side of Elliott's arm as she lent her head against his.

"He's pretty amazing, I've never seen a love like it" I smiled, my heart exploding at how much Shawn loved Halsten.

Staying at Elliott's for about another half hour I had finally got back home, Elliott having dropped me off as I wasn't quite ready to drive yet.

Walking up to the house with Halsten in his carrier I got my keys out of my coat pocket before unlocking the front door.

Opening the door I walked in before closing it behind me and slipping my shoes off.

Carrying the carrier into the kitchen I then lifted it up onto the dining table before unplugging Halsten from the seat. Still fast sleep I smiled down at his peaceful face before lifting him, keeping him wrapped in his blanket, and holding him against my chest.

"Hey" I heard Shawn's soft voice as I eventually turned around to face him.

"Hi" I mumbled as he stood there with his arms folded.

"Look, I'm really sorry for being like that with you earlier" Shawn sighed, letting his arms fall to his side as he walked towards me.

Looking up at him he had such an apologetic look on his face as he reached his hands to my sides and moved me close to him.

"I'm just tired, that's all" Shawn explained.

"Yeah, me too but I'm not getting angry with you for no reason" I sighed as he moved his hand up to hold the side of my face.

"I know, and I'm sorry. The way I acted wasn't fair on you and I shouldn't have taken it out on you. I don't even know why I'm mad at Liam, I guess it's just been bottled up for so long" Shawn explained, my face softening at him.

"I understand but please just no more of this. Let's just enjoy being new parents" I eventually smiled, lifting my eyebrows up at him.

"How can we not when we have the most adorable baby in the world?" Shawn grinned, his voice getting all high and cute as he gently stroked Halsten's head.

Laughing at his softness I reached up to the back of Shawn's neck before gently pulling him down so my lips could meet his. Kissing him softly Shawn firmly held my waist. Feeling Shawn smile against my lips it only made me laugh as I separated from the kiss.

++++++
I'm ready for this book to come to an end soon! I'm just not sure when or where I should end it!

Also go follow me on Instagram for any news or updates on Devoted    @ worstofyouwriting

Let me know what you think and!
Please comment and vote!
💕💖