•Twelve•

Can't Help Falling in Love by Jess and Gabriel Conte
'Take my hand, take my whole life too
for I can't help falling in love with you'

6:59pm
7th August 2019

With Shawn's head now rested on my lap I gently moved my fingers through his hair as his arms remained wrapped securely around my waist.

Shawn was layed out across the sofa as I sat in the corner of it, trying to comfort Shawn in my hold as he slowly calmed down from wherever that breakdown came from.

"Are you okay now?" I gently asked as Shawn's eyes watched the tv across from us.

"Yeah, I think so" Shawn said, his voice slightly rough and shaky from having cried.

"I promise you that you don't need to worry about us losing eachother Shawn, just live in the moment" I said softly before leaning down and pressing a light kiss onto the top of his head.

"I know but I hate the thought that one day one of us is going to have to breath on this earth without eachother" Shawn sighed, letting out a deep breath to stop anymore tears from falling.

"Please don't think like that Shawn, all you've got to remember is that we're going to be by eachothers sides for as long as possible" I whispered as Shawn lifted his head up, turning himself so he could look up at at me.

"And also, now that we're trying for a baby we're going always having little versions of us running about" I smiled causing a faint one to grow onto his lips.

"You're the only thing that has ever kept me sane, Elle" Shawn lightly smiled as I placed my hand on the side of his face, moving my thumb along his jawline.

"And I'll forever continue to do so" I grinned before leaning down and pressing a soft warm kiss against his lips, Shawn gratefully accepting it with a wide smile.

"How long will it take for you to get pregnant?" Shawn hummed as our lips parted from one another's.

"It could be straight away or it could take a few months, it all just depends on how quick your swimmers are" I smirked.

Shawn let out a chuckle as he moved his head into my hand, enjoying the feeling of my fingers moving through his hair.

"Well I fucking hope they do me proud and put a baby inside of you" Shawn replied, squeezing his arms even more tightly around me causing me to laugh loudly.

"What a nice way to put it, 'put a baby inside of me" I quoted causing Shawn to playfully roll his eyes.

"You know what I meant" Shawn grinned, raising his eyebrows at me.

"I know" I smiled as Shawn sat up, now pulling me onto his lap so I was straddling him.

Lifting my arms up I loosely wrapped them around Shawn's neck as his wrapped around my waist, his hands resting on the small of my back.

"I love you Shawn" I grinned before leaning forward and pressing a quick kiss against Shawn's lips.

"I love you too" Shawn brightly smiled before giving me another kiss.

"More than anything"

-/

9:31pm

I don't know how or why Shawn had managed to get me into the pool but somehow I was now sat on his shoulders as his body lowered us up and down into the water.

It was dark out now, a few stars lighting up the sky as the outside garden lights lit up our surroundings.

The water wasn't too cold now considering how long we had been in here but being on Shawn's shoulders only made me colder from the contact of the air against my skin.