•Twenty-nine•

12:42pm
9th August 2019

Everyone was now sat in Shawn's hospital room, eating some lunch that Manny had picked up for all of us.

I was currently sat next to Shawn's dad, picking at my sandwich as I tiredly rested my head on arm rest.

"Not hungry, hunny?" Karen asked as I looked over at her to see both her and Shawn's attention on me.

"No" I yawned before placing the sandwhich on the table beside me.

"You should really eat" Shawn added before opening his mouth for his mum to put the spoon in his mouth.

Shawn was too weak to be able to pick anything up so that meant that anything he wanted to do he would have to have help with, and yes I mean everything.

I didn't say anything as I looked at him, his gorgous eyes holding contact with mine.

I was too tired to speak, to drained to do anything. I had barely slept and felt too sick to even want to eat. All I wanted to do was sit by Shawn's side every second of every hour.

"Do you want some of my soup?" He asked, his voice so innocent and his face so soft.

"It doesn't require much effort"

I couldn't help but crack a smile at him. Here he was, having no knowledge of who I was but, yet, being the most sweetest person alive to me

Lifting my head off the arm rest I pushed myself up out of my chair before walking over to the side of Shawn's bed.

"You want me to spoon food you too, Eloise?" Karen teased causing me tolightly laugh as I comfortably rested my hands on the bed.

"Open up" she said as if I was a child.

Following order I opened my mouth before Karen then put the spoon in my mouth for me to take the soup off.

I struggled to swallow the soup as an overbaring amount of garlic hit my tongue.

"Disgusting, right?" Shawn smirked up at me as he watched my contorted facial expression.

I playfully glared at him as I eventually swallowed my mouthful.

"You told me you liked this soup Shawn!" Karen gasped as she placed the nearly finished soup and spoon on the table.

"You told me it was the best soup ever, I felt too bad to disagree with you" Shawn chuckled lightly as he wiped his mouth on the back of his hand.

"Don't do that" I gave him a slight disgusted look causing Shawn to raise his eyebrows at me.

"What?" Shawn asked.

"Use a napkin" I sighed before grabbing one from the table.

Going back over to Shawn I went to reach towards his face but stopped myself.

"You can wipe my face, Elle" Shawn gave me a small smirk, instantly making my cheeks blush in embarrassment.

I felt a big grin on my face as I reached forward and began gently wiping the napkin across and around Shawn's lips.

"Why you smiling?" Shawn asked, his eyes following my face as we remains close together.

"You called me Elle" I said as I lent back a little so I could look at all of Shawn's face.

Shawn's smile grew bigger as I softly grazed my thumb over his jaw.

"I need to talk to you" Shawn whispered as he then wrapped his hand over the top of mine on his face.