•Five•

Under the Sun by Glenn Travis
'When you're in my arms I feel complete 'cause there is no other place i'd rather be'

11:36pm
4th August 2019

Stumbling through the front door I felt Shawn immediately hold onto my waist so I didn't fall. Bending down I took off my heels, hearing the front door shut behind us as Shawn kept one hand on me.

"Let's get you up to bed" Shawn sighed as I stood up straight and turned around to face him.

"You're so good to me, you know that right?" I smiled warmly up at him, the alcohol swimming around in my eyes.

"I do try, now come on" Shawn laughed causing me to pull a face before he then took a hold of my hand and led me upstairs.

"I don't get why we had to leave so early?" My words were a little slurred as Shawn held me infront of him the whole way up the stairs.

"Oh I wonder why?" Shawn chuckled from behind me as I intertwined our fingers together, starting to swing them from side to side.

I didn't reply but instead I let out a loud yawn, followed by a dizzy burp which was echoed with a laugh from Shawn.

I just frowned as I whipped my head round to look at an amused Shawn.

"Cheer up love, it's quite cute when you don't try to act classy all the time" Shawn laughed causing me to roll my eyes as he walked us into our bedroom.

"You're only saying that because you always so disgusting things" I said as I made a dash away from Shawn and flung myself face down onto the bed.

"Excuse me? What disgusting things?" Shawn laughed, his voice stunned.

Turning over so I was on my back I lazily looked over at him as he stood there with his hands on his hips, raising his eyebrows at me in curiosity.

"Leaving the toilet seat up, leaving empty milk cartons in the fridge" I answered as Shawn replied with a shocked laugh.

"Two years together and you're just telling me this now?" Shawn widened his eyes causing me to laugh.

"Yep" I smirked.

Shawn shook his head slightly before undressing himself down into his boxers.

As he did I admired his body, eyeing my way from his fragile face and all the way down to his fresh abs.

"You're so hot" I sighed as I propped myself up on my elbows so I could get a better look of him.

Shawn smirked in amusement before opening up his arms and following my eyes down to his chest.

"Like I can't believe that I get to wake up to this guy every morning" I said, gesturing my hand towards Shawn as he laughed at me.

"And I can't believe that I have a gorgous girlfriend sat right infront of me" Shawn smirked, my cheeks burning from either him complimenting me or from the fact that I was completely intoxicated by alcohol.

I laughed before laying my head back onto the bed, closing my eyes as I felt my drunken self begin to become drowsy and tired.

I then heard a faint laugh come from Shawn before sleep soon took over my body.

-/

9:28am
5th August 2019

As soon as I opened my eyes I could feel them burning from the bright sun beaming through the slightly parted curtains.

Pushing my hand under the pillow I slowly tried to adjust my eyes to the light as I pushed the duvet off my body so I could get some air.

Looking over my shoulder I saw that Shawn was no longer in bed, his side all crinkled up from where he had been layer.

Rolling onto my otherside I felt a sudden pounding in my head which revelated into an obnoxious headache.

Groaning at the pain I buried my head into the pillow, trying to drown out the throbbing of my hangover.

After a few minutes of me laying there I could hear panting and loud breathing coming from the stairs before reaching my bedroom.

Lifting my head up I squinted at Shawn as he stood there all sweaty in just a pair of shorts and towl hung over his shoulder.

"Morning, Love" Shawn smiled as he noticed me laying there awake.

"Morning" I said, My voice rough and scratchy.

Shawn scrunched his nose up at my voice before walking around to my side of the bed and perching beside me.

"Hangover?" Shawn asked with a sympathetic smile as I rolled into my otherside to face him.

I nodded before letting out a tired yawn. As Shawn stared down at me I reached my hand up to his hair before brushing my fingers through his sweaty curls.

"How long were you at the gym?" I asked as Shawn pulled the towl off from around his neck.

"I went for a run this morning, I don't have to work today" Shawn answered as I took the towl from his hands.

"Good because I just want to stay at home all day with you" I smiled as I reached up and began drying the sweat away from Shawn's hair and forehead.

"I like the sound of that" Shawn gave me a whimsical smile as I rubbed the towl softly along his forehead.

Sitting myself up I then reached my lips towards his before placing a soft and warm kiss on them. I could feel Shawn's precious smile shining through the kiss causing me to laugh softly as I pulled away.

Feeling my whole face heat up from the look he was giving me I lent my head onto his shoulder so I could hide my blush.

He laughed in response before I felt his hand on the back of my head, his fingers gently massaging through my hair.

"After two years you still blush at anything I do or say" Shawn laughed lightly, only increasing the red shine on my face.

"And after two years you still have the exact same affect on me" I smiled.

I then felt his arms wrap around me as he held me in a warm hug, my head still resting on his shoulder.

"My love for you is unreal, Elle" Shawn whispered.

My smile only deepened as I remained in the pleausre of his hold, not wanting to move or talk. I just wanted to stay in this moment forever and to hold it in my heart like many other moments we had shared.

My love for this man was truly unexplainable, and to have someone who feels the exact same way about you makes every breath worth taking and every heart beat worth living.

++++++
How are you guys liking this story so far? Please do let me know your opinions!
💕💖