•Fifty-six•

Eloise
-x-

00:03am
22nd September 2019

"I missed you"

My smile only grew warmer as I listened to those three words roll effortlessly off Shawn's tongue.

Shawn gave me a drunk and goofy grin before turning his head round and looking out the window. He then let out a loud sigh before closing his eyes and snuggling his head up against the side of the door.

Pulling my eyebrows together I continued to smile, more in confusion, as I started the car back up again. I wasn't sure what made him say that, and even though he's most likely too drunk to remember any of this in the morning, I loved hearing it.

On the drive back to Shawn's parents' house Shawn remained fast asleep up against the window. Now and again, when the car went over a speed bump, Shawn's head would drop and he would jolt awake, but each time after he would immediately nod off.

Eventually pulling up outside of the house I could see the light in the front room still on. Leaning over to Shawn I gently placed my hand on his shoulder before carefully trying to wake him up.

"Shawn?" I whispered,softly shaking his shoulder.

As I did Shawn began to stir before rolling his head off the window and so he was facing me. Still with his eyes closed, Shawn began to groan and mumble inaudible words.

"Babe, we're at your parents" I hushed, not wanting to over bare him with being too loud.

"Babe, huh?" Shawn's husky voice mumbled, a small smirk pressing onto his lips.

I felt my cheeks burn as Shawn slowly  opened his eyes slightly, staring right at me.

"I think your dad is still up" I said, being the first to break the eye contact as I felt the shyness radiate on my cheeks.

"Oh shi-ttttt" Shawn strung out as he began quickly scurrying up from his seat.

"He's gonna kill me"

"Yeah, he looks like it" I laughed lightly as I looked out the window to see Manny walking down the path of the house.

"He told me to not get drunk" Shawn whispered lowly.

"Then why did you drink?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at him.

"This girl tried to make a move on me and then I got sad" Shawn sighed, outing his lips slightly before unplugging himself.

Furrowing my eyebrows in question I was about to say something but before I could Manny was knocking on the passenger window. This made Shawn jump, which only led me to laugh even harder.

"Jesus, Christ" Shawn gasped, his hand going to his heaving chest as he also pulled his window down.

"Shawn" Manny said rather sternly.

"Hi dad" Shawn grinned enthusiastically, waving his hand out the window as he held his dad's chin.

"Are you drunk?" He asked as he took Shawn's hand off him.

"Pfftt, no" Shawn turned his nose up at him before giving me a glance and smirking.

"I'm just very, very tired" his words were getting more slurred by each word.

"Come on, get inside. We'll talk about this in the morning" Manny kept one tone before opening the car door for Shawn to get out.

Unplugging himself Shawn let out a loud sigh before turning to me.