•Twenty-two•

Lost On You by Lewis Capaldi
'You know that I adore you'

4:00am
9th August 2019

Shawn was still in surgery.

He had been rushed straight into surgery as soon as we reached the hospital. The paramedics said that he was losing alot of blood and that they had to close up the wound before Shawn could sustain any further damage.

As for me I was struggling to keep my eyes open. I had been sitting in this same seat for the last two hours, just waiting for a doctor or a nurse to come out of those doors and tell me that Shawn was okay.

Liam was off somewhere in hospital with Aaliyah grabbing us all some snacks and drinks so we could sober up. I was sat beside Karen and Manny, the three of us taking it in turns to yawn between each tired blink.

"If you want to go to sleep darling then that's okay, I'll wake you up if we hear anything" Karen gave me a soft tired smile as she placed her hand on the top of mine.

"No, it's okay" I gently smiled at her as I gave her cold hand a slight squeeze, trying to comfort her just as much as she was comforting me.

"He should be out soon"

Karen nodded with a sad tight smile before looking away, keeping her hand on top of mine.

Leaning my head back against the wall I briefly closed my eyes as I let out a deep breath, my head spinning as I replayed tonight's events over and over again.

-/

FLASHBACK-
9TH AUGUST 2019 [1:15AM]

Holding tightly onto Shawn's hand the tears wouldn't stop falling down my cheeks as I stared helplessly down at his pale face.

Intertwining my fingers with Shawn's I lifted our hands up to my lips before pressing a trail of kisses along knuckles and the back of his hand.

The back of the ambulance was surrounded with the sound of Shawn's slow heart beat beeping through the monitor he was hooked up to.

His face looked sore as the blood from his head wound dried up across his skin, his hair sticking down onto his forehead.

"We'll be at the hospital soon my love, I promise that everything's going to be okay" my voice was soft and scratchy as I moved my face towards Shawn's.

"Even with all the scratches you still look so beautiful" I gave a small smile as sad tears fell from my cheeks and dropped onto Shawn's skin.

"I love you so much my love" I said, my voice barely a whisper as an enormous lump formed in my throat.

Taking my spare hand up to Shawn's face I gently soothed my thumb under his eye before cupping his cheek in my palm.

"Just on hold a few more minutes"

I then lent towards Shawn's face, slowly closing my eyes as I placed my lips against his. As I softly kissed him I felt the dryness of his lips against mine, no motion or sign that he knew I was with him.

-/

4:46am

Feeling a nudge against my shoulder I abruptly opened my eyes I realised that I must have have fallen asleep.

"Eloise?" I heard Liam's voice awaken me as his hand shook my shoulder a little.

Finding his voice I looked forward to see Liam crouched infront of me so he was eye level.