•Four•

Never Wanna Leave by Glenn Travis
'Not a thing near and far that's as perfect as you in my arms'

8:32am
4th August 2019

Feeling a slight squeeze on my arse I couldn't help but muffle a laugh as I buried my face into the pillow, a light  chuckle following from Shawn.

"Knew you were awake" Shawn grinned as I felt him spoon from behind me, wrapping his arm around my stomach

"And you had to disturb me because?" I asked tiredly, a smile still playing along my lips as I layed face down on the pillow

"I didn't want to be awake on my own" Shawn admitted as I felt his warm lips on the back of my neck.

I softly laughed before slowly turning over so I was now laying on my back. Immediately Shawn's face hovered above mine, a dorky grin across his face.

Placing my hand on his cheek I soothed my thumb along his cheek bone as I admired his lazy eye staring down at me. My smile only grew bigger as his scruffy hair fell along his forehead.

"You look so good in the morning" I reminded him.

"And you look good every hour of the day" Shawn grinned.

He then buried his head in the crook of my neck, placing soft kisses against my skin as warm air blew out of his nose with every breath.

I again let out a small laugh as I moved my hand onto the back of his head, scratching my fingers through his hair.

"Do you want a big wedding?" Shawn muffled into my neck causing me to laugh out loud at his sudden mention of it.

Ofcourse we had spoken about weddings and when we'd like to get married before but I still found it funny to even think about the possibility of being someone's wife.

"What?" I laughed, Shawn still not having moved his head.

"Do you want a big wedding?" He repeated.

"Not really, as long as I have my closest family and friends there then that's all I need" I smiled as I felt Shawn smile against my skin.

"And you ofcourse" I quickly added, resulting in a muffled laugh from Shawn.

"Will you marry me Elle?" Shawn suddenly asked causing me to jump a little in shock.

"What?" I immediately laughed, for some reason feeling nervous at whether he was being serious or not.

"Will you marry me? Like today?" Shawn repeated as he lifted his head up so we could look at eachother.

"Today?" I widened my eyes at him, his eyes eager as an excited smile beamed from his lips.

"Yeah, I mean what's stopping us?" Shawn clarified and I only widened my eyes more then what should be possible.

"Ofcourse I want to marry you Shawn but-" before I could finish Shawn's face lit up before he jumped off the bed and rushed into the bathroom.

"Get up and get ready, I'll call the registry office" Shawn said as I heard him turn the shower on.

"What? No Shawn" I sighed as I pushed the duvet cover off me, grabbing my robe from the floor.

"We can't get married today" I called out as I slipped my robe around my naked body.

"Yeah we can. I'll call our parents on the way" Shawn replied, carelessly listening to me.

"We're not eloping Shawn" I insisted as I walked towards the bathroom to see him stepping into the shower.

"It's not eloping, we're going to tell people" Shawn explained, not listening to a word I was saying.

Sighing I just walked straight out of the bathroom before plunging back down onto the bed.

After a few minutes I heard the running of the shower stop before Shawn's presence soon wondered into the room, only a towl wrapped around his waist.

"Why aren't you getting ready?" Shawn asked as he walked over to his draws.

"Because I'm not going" I rolled my eyes as I pulled my legs under me.

"What?" Shawn asked as he stopped searching around his draws.

"I don't want to get married today" I sighed as I looked up at his face to see a confused and hurt expression rising.

"But you just said that you want to marry me" Shawn widened his eyes, biting harshly on his bottom lip to hide the temper growing inside of him.

"And I do, but not today" I said and he just rolled his eyes before slamming the the draw shut.

"If you really wanted to marry me then you would just marry me today" Shawn scoffed before storming back into the bathroom.

"That has nothing to do with it Shawn!" I shouted, hurt at how he could even think that.

"Then what is it Eloise because all I'm asking is that the girl I love so fucking much marries me today" Shawn snapped as he came to the doorway so he could look at me.

I knew he was pissed considering he only ever called me by my real name on the rare occasions where we argued.

"I want nothing more than for you to be my husband and for me to be your wife but it's all too rushed and I atleast want to enjoy the engagement period first" I sighed, throwing my hands up in the air at how unreasonable he was being.

"Well we aren't even engaged so for now you are still just my girlfriend" Shawn said a little rudely causing me to widen my eyes at him.

"I don't know which part of that sounds worse" I gasped as he frowned his eyebrows at me.

"The part where you said you don't want to marry me anymore, or the part where all I am to you is just your girlfriend?"

Shawn rolled his eyes before letting out an aggravated sigh.

"I didn't mean it like that" he groaned as he pushed his fingers through his hair.

"What I mean is that if I can't marry you today then forget I ever mentioned it, when I propose it will be special. And as for you being my girlfriend, that's all I need, and I love you so much for it" Shawn admitted, his eyes now softer.

"I love you too" I mumbled as I looked down at my lap.

Shawn then followed it with a sigh before I then felt his weight dip onto the bed.

"I'm sorry, love" Shawn sighed as he bought my eyes up to look at him.

"I didn't mean to upset you, I just want to marry you so fucking much" Shawn smiled like a dork making me reluctantly smile at him as he gently held my chin up.

"And you will, I want nothing more than to be a Mendes" I grinned making Shawn laugh.

"Elle Mendes" Shawn smiled to himself causing me to blush ever so slightly.

"I look forward to that day" I grinned.

He smiled widely before reaching forward and locking our lips together.

Shawn always insists that I'll be the death of him but little does he know that my love for him is killing me slowly.

++++++
Life of the Party was used on Love Island last night and omg did I freak out!
💕💖