•Fifty-five•

Shawn
-x-

10:24pm
21st September 2019

We were well into the night I could feel my alcohol level become a little tipsy. Downing my fourth beer I stood up and pulled my wallet out of my back pocket to order another round.

I was out with all my old friends from high school, minus Liam. I called Kyle before we came out to make sure that Liam hadn't been invited. For now, I wanted nothing to do with him.

Walking towards the bar of the club my legs felt a little weak and numb with each step I took. Once reaching the bar I ordered five beers before waiting for the drinks to he poured.

As I waited I stared wonderously down the bar. Scratching my hand over the top of my head I noticed how a tall blonde girl was already looking my way. As she caught my eye she gave me a flirtatious smile before biting down on her lip.

I returned a polite smile before looking away and back at the barman as he prepared my drinks. Boredly tapping my card against the counter I began chewing on the side of my lip.

In the midst of waiting I felt a hand wrap over the top of my left shoulder from behind me. Turning my head round, the same girl who had smiled at me was stood there.

"What you drinking?" She asked, her teeth being so white that if it was any darker in here I'm pretty sure they'd glow in the dark.

"Just some beer" I answered, flicking my eyes down at her hand to see it still holding my shoulder.

"Sounds boring" she hummed lowly, stepping closer towards me as she pushed her chest out.

Swallowing away the dryness in my throat I let out a small cough to clear my voice.

"Yeah" I simply replied before turning back round, hoping that she would just leave.

"Wanna get some shots?" She whispered as I felt her hot breath hit against the side of my face.

I didn't look anywhere else but forward, just trying to ignore her incitement.

"You look like a fun guy, maybe we could have fun together"

I could feel my heart thumping against my chest. Turning back round to look at her I could already feel my chest heaving up and down.

"I've got a girlfriend" I mumbled, even if things were complicated between Elle and I right now.

"I won't tell her if you don't" she hushed, now looking her arms around my neck.

"I said no" I snapped, pushing her arms off me before sharply turning back to the bar.

I heard nothing else after that so I assumed that she had finally left me be. Seeing as my drinks were now finished I grabbed the first three beers before going over to the table to put them down, and then going back to get the others.

Slumping down onto the sofa I took my beer before taking a big swig of it.

"Jeez, take it slow Shawn. I'm responsible for you tonight" Kyle added as I looked across the table at him.

"I can take care of myself" I mumbled before sinking further back into my chair.

Staring randomly at any point in the room I couldn't help but think about Elle. I know that it was my decision to move out but I just miss her so much. It didn't feel right being out 'enjoying' myself while she was sat at home alone.

I even just had a chance to get it on with some random girl. My body was craving the feeling of being with someone. As much as my body was telling me to sleep with the blonde girl, my heart was telling me not to. My heart was always reminding me of Elle.

Eloise
-x-

11:41pm

Making myself a tea before I went up to bed I felt my phone vibrate in my dressing gown pocket. Taking my phone out I looked down at the screen to see Shawn calling, much to my surprise.

Pulling my eyebrows together in confusion, I answered the call before holding the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?" I said as I stirred my tea with a spoon.

"Can you come pick me up?" Shawn slurred down the phone.

"Are you drunk?" I asked, pursing my lips together.

"Yeah, I think so" Shawn sighed heavily.

"Where are you?" I questioned before placing the spoon in the sink.

"I don't know, outside some coffee shhh-op"  Shawn stumbled over his words causing me to lightly laugh.

"Send me your location and I'll be there in ten" I replied, feeling a small smile tug at my lips from the thought of him coming to me for help.

"Yes boss" Shawn yawned before hanging up.

After a quarter of an hour later I had finally found the coffee shop Shawn was waiting at. Pulling up to the side of the pavement I looked out my window to see Shawn kicking some stones with his feet. Rolling down the window I lent my head out so he could hear me speak.

"Your boss is here" I yelled.

Once I did Shawn looked up from his feet before finding my eyes. Almost immediately he let out a drunken smile before lazily walking towards the car.

He walked over to me before leaning his arms on the ledge of the window.

"Thanks for coming to get me" he grinned, alcohol swarming in his eyes.

"God, your breath stinks" I said, corntorting my face up at the smell of liquor.

"Hhh-ello to you too" Shawn smirked as he purposely directed his breath onto me.

"Get in" I said, scrunching my nose up as I rolled my eyes at his childishness.

Shawn listened before going round the car and getting into the passengers seat. Rolling my window back up I then started up the car before looking over at Shawn to see him struggling to plug himself in.

Laughing at his incompetence I leaned over and plugged him in for him. I could feel Shawn's eyes on me as I did. Leaning back into my seat I looked over at him to see a gleaming look in his eyes.

"What?" I shyly smiled as his big brown eyes scanned down my face before speaking.

"I missed you"

++++++
There you go!
Please let me know what you think!
💕💖